Dark:(Chapter 6)

I managed to avoid the pressing questions from my Mother about my appearance. Calling out that I was home before scrabbling up the stairs to my room where I could hide. When she asked me about the date the next morning I wasn’t very forth coming with information. I didn’t particularly want to discuss the evening where I escaped out a toilet window, was chased down by my “date” then fell into the harbour. I’m not sure she would understand seen as she had a perfect image of Harry in her head.

***

“Excuse me?”

“Hi, can I help you?” I smiled at the woman in front of me.

“Yes, I was looking for the new McFly album. My daughter loves them and I wanted to get it for her Birthday.”

“Of course, follow me.”

I led her down the aisles of music before stopping at the “M” section. My fingers quickly flicked through the CDs before pulling out the case.

“Here you go.” I smiled. “It’s a brilliant album, your daughter will love it.”

“Thank you for your help.”

She reciprocated my smile before walking off to the till. My mind wandered aimlessly as I organised the music that had been misplaced. I pushed my hair back from my face, tucking it behind my ear. My eyes darted up as I heard someone enter the shop. They instantly widened as I recognised the dark curls.

My immediate reaction was to hide. I dropped to my hands and knees, crawling along the aisle desperately trying to reach the back room without being noticed. How did he even know I worked here? I peered round the corner, deciding the coast was clear I continued to my target.

“Bo?”

I mentally cursed as I heard Steve call out my name. No, no, no! My speed increased as I gradually neared my escape. A gasp was released from my lips as a pair of white converse stepped in front of me.  My eyes hesitantly grazed up his long legs before I was met by sparkly green orbs. He grinned down at me revealing his deep dimples.

“Hello, Beautiful.”

Harry gripped my arms before hauling me to my feet. I shied away from his touch, long fingers brushing my hair from my face.

“What were you doing on the floor?” He smirked.

“I-I dropped something.”

He chuckled, it was clear he didn’t believe my lie. I was glad we were in a public place, that way Harry was forced to be a little more constrained. However, I knew that sort of thing didn’t really bother him, my mind instantly thinking back to his forward actions in the restaurant.

“Why didn’t you text me back?”

It would have been an innocent question coming from anybody else’s lips. But with Harry it was anything but.

“You asked me what I was wearing.” I replied, disgusted.

“And I didn’t get a reply, so I assumed you were naked.” He chuckled.

I let out a groan. Was that all he thought about? My body turned to walk away from him, but Harry caught hold of my wrist. He tugged me back into his body, his lips planting a hot kiss to my mouth. I used everything I had in me to shove him back. He didn’t budge but I wanted him to know I objected to his advances.

“Bo?”

We were interrupted by Steve, much to Harry’s annoyance.

“Are you alright?” He asked.