♚26. EMOTIONS

"Once upon a time an angel and a devil fell in love

"Once upon a time an angel and a devil fell in love...it was a terrible decision." - Andrew Smailes

                                J o r d y n  T a m e 

    THE WATER CARESSES my skin as the steam travels through the whole bathroom. I scrub my body before laying against the shower walls in relaxation. Suggestive flashes of Lexis and I played in my head taunting me. They teased my every nerve and tested my will.

    The steam around me thickened the air causing me to gasp. I turned off the water before grabbing my towel and stepping out the shower. I wrap the towel around my body. I wrap another towel around my wet hair. 

     Walking out the bathroom, I sigh when I see no sign of Alpha Lexis. After declaring his approval of me taking on his mother's fallen reign in the crown room, Lexis was still behaving a little differently.

     I needed to talk to him. There was so much I had to tell him, but how could I do that when he was still blocking me out?

    I smiled noticing my night gown neatly placed on the bed. He was something else. He might be giving me the cold shoulder, but he was still his chivalrous self.

    I take the gown from the mattress and then head back to the bathroom to dress. After slipping on my gown, I heard the door open indicating that Lexis was present. I put my hair in a pony tail before heading into the bedroom.

   Lexis' blue eyes fall on me and the awkwardness corrupted the air around us. I let out a breath not knowing what to say or do. I knew he started to act like this after Samia's case, but I still didn't know why.

"I-um-thanks-" I started only to have him grab me by the waist and pull me to him. His raspy breathing played in my ears revealing his uneasiness.

"Sometimes I don't know whether I can be strong for you or not. Whether I can be the man I need to be for you, if I can protect you at all costs, and pleasure you where your needs want me too." He whispers to me darkly. "When I can't, I shut you out. I'm sorry."

I look directly in his eyes seeing the remorse in them. I shake my head before frowning. "This isn't easy for the both of us but you can't just block me when you're vulnerable." I respond.

Lexis tightens his grip on my hips. "Sometimes I need to shield you away from the evil around us. If I don't, I'll lose you. Dammit...I can't let that happen." His words were messy as if he was speaking to himself and to me at the same time.

   I knew he was talking about our current situation.

   I wrap my arms around his neck before resting my head on his shoulder. If only mates weren't prohibited, then Lexis and I could be together in any way we wanted.