Chapter 26: One Day More

Juri stood from her seat of the dining table and tapped her glass, loud enough to signal all the Sirens and Guardians to look in her direction.

She bowed her head, "Thank you." she said, then glanced at Jack, he half smiled at her. She looked over at Leukosia and Parthenope, they stood up as well and all three went to the center of the stage.

"Everyone." Juri started, "As you all know, our history between the Mermaids and Harpies has been quite...catastropic, we can finally put all our training into use, because: tomorrow is our revolution."

The Sirens cheered, but Amelia, she was frightened, though no one noticed. 

"If it comes to it, we will fight them and win. But for right now, we shall focus on creating the barrier arouynd this island with the staff. Himerope, will you bring it up?" Parthenope said.

"Yes, my Queen." Himeropa went up the front of the stage, bowing as she held up the staff. Juri's hand grasped it and gazed over at Jack. 

"With this and Jack's power, we will win this battle for freedom! We will no longer live, being surrounded by their territories and being stepped on! Just...one day more!" Juri says then everyone cheered. Leukosia and Parthenope smiled at each other as Juri left the stage with Jack, staff in hand. Even Amelia left, though the opposite direction.

"One day more..." Parthenope sang,

"Another day, another destiny..." added Leukosia. Everyone listened in closely.

"This never-ending road to Calvary. These women who seem to know my place, will surely come a second time. One day more..." 

~*~

"I did not live until you came." Jack sang softly to Juri when they left the dining area. Her back was pressed against a tree as he stared down at her,

"How can I live if we are parted?" He sang again, thinking about the possiblity of losing Juri in the battle, he closed his eyes, grasping her hand as she used the other to touch the side of his face in comfort.

~*~

"One day more." The two Queens sang in unison.

~*~

"Tomorrow you'll be worlds away..." Jack and Juri sang together as they stared at each others faces, she smiled.

"And yet with you, my world has started!"

~*~

Amelia sat by the shoreline, hugging her legs that were pushed up to her chest as she waited for the Mermaids to come to get her.

With a shaky breath, she sang, "One more day all on my own...!"

~*~

Jack and Juri held up each other's hands, singing,

"Will we ever meet again?"

~*~

"One more day with him not caring!" Amelia sang as tears threatened to fall loose as she remembered this feeling, the day before Andre and Ligeia's wedding.

~*~

"I was born to be with you!" Jack and Juri sang to each other.

~*~

"What a life I might have known!" Amelia sang as she quickly wiped away her tear.

~*~

"I swear I will survive!" chimed the lovers smiling down at each other.

 ~*~

"But he never saw me there...!" Amelia finished before being ingulfed into the opening the Mermaid opened for her as she walked into the water, taking one last look to the island behind her.

~*~

"One more day before the storm!" Parthenope sang, throwing her fist in the air as the Sirens followed her motion.

~*~

"Do I follow where they go?" Amelia sings to herself as she quietly enters the bedroom she was given in the Mermaid territory.

~*~

"At the barriers of freedom!" Leukosia sings.

~*~

"Shall I join my sisters there?" Amelia sang.

~*~

"When our ranks begin to form!" Parthenope sang.

~*~

Amelia sang, "Do I stay, and do I dare?" but as soon as she sang that, Amelia shook her head rapidly in disagreement.

~*~

"Will you take your place with me?!" sang Parthenope, the Sirens fisted the air in agreement.

"The time is now, the day is here!" The Sirens sang back in responce.

"One day more!"

~*~

"One more day to revolution! We will nip it in the bud! She has joined these little Sirens! They will wet themselves with blood!" says Athura as she marched between all the Mermaids.

~*~

"One day more!" Parthenope yelled.

~*~

"Watch 'em run amuck, catch 'em as they fall. Never know your luck, when there's a free for all!" Okypete sang to her sisters.

"Here a little 'dip'." Her sister Aello sang as she poured in Akinli's blood into a container like shief.

"There a little 'touch'!" The third sister Celaeno sang back as she topped it off with entering in the dagger they took back from Amelia.

They smiled at each other, "Most of them are goners, so they won't miss much!" 

~*~

The Sirens then sang in unison,

"One day to a new beginning! Raise the staff of freedom high! Every woman will be a queen! Every woman will be free! There's a new world for the winning! There's a new world to be won!"

Then all Sirens, including Leukosia and Parthenope all shouted, "One day more!"

~*~

"I did not live until you came..." Jack and Juri sang to each other.

~*~

"One more day all on my own!" Amelia sings to herself as tears fell.

~*~

"How can I live if we are parted?" 

~*~

Athura sang, "She has join these people's heros. She has followed where they go. She has learned their little secrets. We now know the things they know.

~*~

"One day more!" They all yelled.

~*~

"Tomorrow you'll be worlds away..."

~*~

"What a life I might have known!" Amelia sobbed.

~*~

"And yet with you my world has started!" Jack and Juri grinned at each other, then pressed their lips against one another.

~*~

"One more day to revolution. We will nip it in the bud. We'll be ready for these Sirens. They will wet themselves in blood."

~*~

"Watch 'em run amok, catch 'em as they fall. Never know your luck, when there's a free-for-all!"

~*~

"Tomorrow we'll be far away! Tomorrow is the final day!" All Queens sang (but Juri).

~*~

"Tomorrow we'll discover, what our Gods above has in store!" All three species sang together.

"One more dawn... One more day...One day more!"

HanaFair's Note: Sorry if this is sort of rushed and or boring but it's important! Thank you and bye ^-^