birthday imagine

I was awoken by a loud knock on my front door. I slowly crawl out of my bed, which is now covered in tissues and a bunch of bottles of medicine I've been taking, each one tasting shittier than the last. I manage to walk to the door and open it, not caring about my appearance.

"Hello, love," Newt says.

"Hey. Not that I'm not happy to see you, but why are you here? I told you I'm sick I can't do anything today," I say.

We had been planning to go out tonight for my birthday dinner, but I have a cold.

"I know," he says walking into my apartment and setting a bag of groceries on my kitchen counter. "Happy birthday!" He tackles me with a hug, picks me up, and carries me to the couch.

"So, are you ready to have the greatest birthday you could possibly imagine?"

"I'm sick and you can't stay I don't want to get you sick too."

"I can't leave. I have to make sure that my girlfriend has the best birthday ever."

"What can we do without leaving the apartment?"

"What is the one thing you love the most? Well, besides me of course."

"Of course," I say rolling my eyes. "Um... I don't know. What?"

"We're gonna binge watch netflix. I got snacks and we can order a pizza and you can pick whatever show you want."

"I can pick whatever show I want?"

"I know what you're gonna pick, but you can pick something else if you really want to."

"You do not know."

"Y/n, you've watched Sherlock at least three times and you love it even more each time."

"If we start right now we can finish by sunrise tomorrow."

"Well then, we better get started," he says.

I start to get up to grab a blanket when he pushes me back onto the couch. "Don't worry, I got it." The next thing I know Newt and I are cuddling under my comforter and Sherlock and Watson are meeting for the first time, again.

As the sun begins to peek through the windows, the last episode of season three ends.

"Was it even better the fourth time?" Newt asks before sneezing.

"I think I might've gotten you sick."

"Well then I guess I'm stuck here, love."

"Thank you for giving me the best birthday ever."

"Of course. I would do anything for you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."