Chapter 36

*Adithya Pov*

"Adithya! Don't leave my hands." She screamed.

"I will not." I assured her gripping her hands more on the handlebars.

"But try to open your eyes while driving." I added chuckling.

"Don't laugh! This bike is so heavy." She said scolding me.

"This is just your first week of driving so don't worry." I said and made her stop.

"Thank god I am not learning it on the main road. So you trained here or what?" She asked, looking around the police grounds.

"Not completely, but yeah. Shall we go? We shouldn't be here for much time." I replied, and she nodded smiling.

"Are you up for a half an hour class every day?" I asked when we reached our home.

"Yeah! We just have to wake us early." She replied yawning.

"We can sleep for one more hour." I said, looking at the time.

"I don't think I can get up if I sleep now." She said shaking her head.

"I forgot mentioning to you. We are supposed to go to your house today." I said walking towards the cupboard.

"Why?" She asked, walking near me.

"Casually for a small gathering." I replied, smiling and she nodded.

"Ok! You will pick me up right?" She asked smiling back.

"Actually, I may get a little late. Why don't you go there directly?" I asked her back.

"Ok!" she replied nodding.

We got ready little early and went downstairs as she wanted to prepare some heavy breakfast to kill the extra time.

After dropping her, I went to my station and chose to finish the work as soon as possible. However, having a best friend who wants to talk to you for every hour is not helpful to do that.

"Why are you in a hurry?" He asked frowning.

"I have somewhere to go." I replied shrugging.

"Where? Oh to meet your wife?" he asked smirking.

"Yes!" I replied smiling.

"God! You are really whipped dude." He said shaking his head.

"What are you talking?" I asked frowning at him.

"I mean every time you only think about your wife. I never thought you would be this happy. I guess new love always does wonders. I am happy for you Adithya." He replied smiling.

"Love!" I mumbled to myself.

"I think you were wrong in the beginning." He suddenly said and I frowned, looking at him coming out of my thoughts.

"About what?" I asked him.

"When I asked you why you are marrying her, you said she needs you. I guess you are the one who needed her from the beginning. She needs you too, but you need her more." He explained.

I sat there stunned for a few minutes and slowly, said, "Yeah! I need her. I really need her."

A smile broke out on my face, and I started working with an even more rush. I need to finish all of this and make her surprise even more special.

*Janice Pov*

"Where the hell is he?" I asked myself looking at the door.

"Hey!" I heard Abby saying by snapping her fingers in front of me.