Chapter Eighteen: Big Problem

I stopped for a moment when I got into the bathroom to contemplate taking a nice soak in Jasper's tub. I knew I didn't have the time for all that so I quickly put my hair up, found the controls on the shower and started it. My slightly sore muscles loosened at the warm water hitting my skin and I sighed in relief. Jasper had really worked me in just that short time.

Despite the fact that I was fairly sated, I could feel myself wanting nothing more than to climb back into Jasper's bed and have a repeat all night. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that, in all the years I had worked at the restaurant, I had not missed a day unless it was the full moon or I was too sick to roll out of bed, which didn't happen often. Responsible came before pleasure at all times, regardless of the circumstances. I had learned a long time ago to put my priorities in order.

I steeled myself against thoughts of skipping out on work and instead turned my mind to the mound of homework I would need to catch up on when I got in from work. My mind was occupied and I was in the midst of rinsing off my body when shouts came from the room followed by a crash. Quickly, I shut off the water and wrapped a towel around myself, heading out to see what the problem was. In the bedroom, one of the few vases was broken on the floor near a wall like it had been thrown against it. Jasper was in the middle of the room, glaring at my brothers whom I was guessing just gave him some pretty bad news.

Since we had finished the mating, I should have had the ability to look into his thoughts but Jasper blocked me. I frowned at him but went closer, urged by Nina, and ran a hand over the nape of his neck and down to his hand. His tense shoulders visibly relaxed at my touch and his eyes snapped to me. When he saw me standing there in nothing but a towel, he growled softly and lust light up his eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked, glancing at my brothers.

"Luna." The acknowledged in unison, bowing their heads.

"Ugh, guys, skip the whole 'Luna' and just call me 'sis' or my name. I'm not even apart of this pack, technically." I shrugged. Jasper and my brothers all opened their mouths to speak but I held up my hand. "Ah-ah, not right now. What's going on?"

"We have big trouble coming our way. Everything is downstairs for the briefing, Lun-Lena. We can do this in the Alpha's office if you'd both like to get filled in completely. As soon as he can get down there and open the door, we'll be ready to pull it up on the big screen." Jacob gruffly replied when Jason hesitated.

That was one thing I always loved about Jacob, he was always up front where Jason would want to protect me. When things had gone south after my parents had left, he'd been the one to at least tell me the truth. They might have both turned on me but Jacob had been the most honest when it happened. Jason had just slowly began to snap at me and ignore me but Jacob had told me right out that he was feeling like I was to blame. If I couldn't say anything else about Jacob, which I could but now's not the time, at least he always gave it to me straight.

"Fine, let me get dressed and I'll be down in a moment." I told them, all business. They bowed and left, closing the door behind them. I turned to Jasper, "You need a shower before we head down so get that done. I'm assuming they've filled you in at least a bit by the shattered vase so I'll head down and get caught up before you get there and we'll go from there." I pecked his cheek and moved to try to run over to my room. I really need to bring some clothes over here. Before I could go too far, Jasper grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest.

"You are going to be the best Luna that has ever walked the earth, Lena." He smiled. "Your clothes are all in my closet. I kind of had your brothers move you in while you were at school this morning. I was going to ask you when you got back and, kind of sort of, not give you a choice. 'Kay, bye." He kissed me and ran into the bathroom before I could reply. "Oh, my keys are on the nightstand." He ducked his head out of the bathroom quickly.