Chapter#28

Mahnoor's POV:

"Noor?" He looked surprised but soon his expression went to normal and he held out his hand to me.

Reach...! Take his hand...

My inner voice told me and I did as it says. As soon as I put my hand on his, he pulled me to his lap and engulfed me in a hug.

His breath was laboured as he had run miles just now. He didn't like his usual self. He was clinging to me like a person who was in need of someone by his side. I put my hand on his back and his grip tightened as his life depends on it.

Don't know for how long we stayed this way and don't know why I didn't protest to being so near to him. 

"Noor?" He whispered.

"Hm?"

"I am going to sleep now. Don't leave me until I wake up."

Sleep? Here???

"You should go to bed then."

"Are you coming?" I nodded and quickly got up.

Ya Allah! I was sitting on his lap all this time...

I felt the heat rushing to my face and a gasp escaped from my mouth when my feet left the floor. The next moment, he started walking whilst carrying me bridal style. 

"P-put me down," I said, clenching his shirt. He didn't answer me but continue on carrying me towards the bedroom.

So embarrassing...

I ended up burying my face into his chest. His muscles tensed and I felt his heart racing. He carefully put me down on the bed and before I knew it, he was on top of me. He nuzzled against my neck, making me panic and lay down.

"W-what are you-"

"Sssh! You said I should sleep in the bedroom... now let me." He breathed out and kissed my neck.

"Shab-a-Khair (Goodnight), Noor." He said, yawning.

"W-wait. Don't fall asleep. You're heavy." I shake his shoulders so he could wake up, but instead, two hands hold my wrists and brought them to the back of his neck. After that, I called him many times and tried to push him away but it was all gone to waste.

He was heavy and I was having a hard time breathing, also my body starting to ache due to his weight. His warm breath was fanning my neck gently, sending shivers to my backbone. I gave up after several failed tries and waited for him to change his position in sleep but it never happened.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

I was greeted by a sweet fragrant when I woke up and something soft against my face. I moved back and look at the source of it and found Noor's sleeping face. A frown formed on my forehead for not understanding the situation and when everything was clear to me, I jumped off of her.

Shit!

I quickly checked her breathing to confirm that she has not fainted or anything and thank God she was not. I got up to freshen up but sat back down again when I noticed I am still wearing my shoes.

What the hell happened to me last night???

I was not an emotional type of guy, but why did I break down yesterday? Nats' dull voice and sad smile weren't new to me. Then...

My trail of thoughts was ended by a light hiss from Noor. Her body must be aching from lying like this the whole night with my weight over her fragile frame. I bent down near her face, putting both of my hands on her side.