eighteen.

Diana's POV.

"What are you thinking about?" Ethan's soft voice asks,

My eyes were still focused on my coffee, as I kept stirring it when it didn't need to be stirred no longer.

His hand is suddenly placed on top of mine, "Please don't be like this," He starts,

It's been about a three weeks since I've last talked or actually seen Grayson. I occasionally see him past by.

Or sometimes I catch him staring at me, but I honestly need go get him out of my mind.

I look up to see Ethan's worried expression, I manage to put on a fake smile to make him believe I'm fine and not hurting inside.

"I'm sorry, it's just the library has really gotten me tired." I lie in his face, "Diana, why don't you quit and we can go back home, there really isn't no point in you staying."

"Ethan, are we really going to start again?" He huffs in annoyance and put his hands up in defense,

"Alright, I'm sorry. I know this is your dream, but I mean c'mon there are thousands of amazing Universities out there!"

He had a point, "I don't know Ethan, I need time. I need time for to think, I need time to think about school, us, gray-" I stop myself before I said anything else.

"Gray? Gray who?" He asks, "Look Ethan I'll talk to you later I'm really not feeling good." I say standing up, leaving money on the round table.

"Fine, but please, think about it." He finally says, I looked down but nodded.

I walked away back to the mental institution thinking about what Ethan said.

Once I got there I began rushed to my dorm, throwing my bag somewhere around the room, and taking out my drawings.

I laid on my bed but rested my back and head on the cold window. It was extremely foggy.

I take in a deep breath, picking up my pencil, and placing the led on the paper. And I let it go, I began to do what I mostly love in life, draw.

My heart clenched at each moment my drawing came to life. The features ever so realistic. The way each of his physical features made him perfect.

Unrealistic.

I began to shade the drawing, making it more vivid. My fingers began to hurt at the pressure I was adding onto the pencil.

Then I stopped, I looked at the drawing I was holding, it was a replica of him, just in paper.

{pic of drawing in image box}

This would never go away, nor will it hurt me. But that would be a lie, because I know that each time I look at this drawing I would hurt.

I ripped the paper out of the drawing notebook, crumbling it up, and throwing at the trash can.

A sniffle escaped me, making me hold in a sob. No, I'm not going to cry, I'm stronger than this.

I hadn't even realized it was 8 at night, where the hell is Ingrid and Alison?

It was time for my shift at the library. I sigh dragging myself out of my dorm and heading towards the library.

Once I arrive I unlock the huge doors with the key Mr. Hemming had given me. To be honest this place was huge and creepy, and so quiet, yet so peaceful..

I roll up my sleeves preparing myself to get to work, which was putting the books away etc.

And that's what I began to do.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Dr. Hemming's POV.