F O R T Y - F I V E

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

I suddenly stood up in surprise. "He... killed my father?"

Mr. Damon gave me a worried look and his sons look confused. "I'll tell you everything," he said.

I listened to him quietly as he told the full story. Back then, he told me about how he met Helena during the party but I realized that he didn't tell me everything.

My eyebrows furrowed the more I found out about everything.

"I just realized now that maybe... Aleister planned everything from the start. It seems that he's known Lucas for a long time, he probably traced you and your mother though him then he ordered him to work for me afterwards." he said.

"Everything was planned. Aleister wanted all of us to meet. Is that it?" I asked.

"It is a possibility," Mr. Damon said.

"This whole time my mother and I believed that my father died in an accident," I looked down. "It's unbelievable. The man that's trying to destroy my life right now is the same man that killed my father."

What a small world this is. Is this fate's game?

"I owe you all an apology. The reason why you're all caught up in this mess is because of me. I'm not really a nice person," Mr. Damon looked up in the ceiling. "I should have been the one paying for all my mistakes... not you," He looked at me. "Or any of you," he looked at his sons. "And especially not you and Helena." he told Sehun. "I thought all of this would be in the past. I felt bad for all the things I did. I don't want to remember them anymore but now it's all haunting me. I'm really sorry." he clenched his fists.

"I'll understand if you're all going to hate me for keeping things from you. Yell at me, punch me I won't care because I deserve it," I never saw Mr. Damon looking this upset before. "I'm so sorry." we all exchanged glances when tears suddenly began landing on the table. Mr. Damon is crying?!

I was about to say something to cheer him up but Tao beat me to it by patting Mr. Damon' s shoulder.

"Stop crying father, it looks uncool," he said. We eyed him because he isn't helping.

Suho took the initiative to stand up and approach him. "Father we aren't mad at you. We don't have a right to. Despite all that you still took care of us and if all that didn't happen then you won't even have us in the first place." he calmly said.

"I could have prevented Aleister from doing that to Sehun, I could have prevented him from killing Christopher but I never did anything."

I sighed. I was really frustrated with what he told us but I'll never get mad at him. I just don't like the idea of holding grudges. I did feel a lot of hatred before but I do know that Mr. Damon is a nice person.

"Father please," Sehun spoke up. "You made mistakes and we get that but we can't blame you. You did it for mother and us so please stop blaming yourself."

They all looked at me and I knew I should talk too. "I understand that my father made his own mistakes too. He did it at his own will and maybe that's just what is meant to happen." I said.

"Honestly Mr. Damon... I'm actually still thankful," I smiled. "Because of that... I was able to meet all of you. Of course there are times when I just wanted to go mad but looking at everything right now, maybe it will be all worth it in the future."

All of a sudden Mr. Damon began crying again and I didn't know what to do. How do you cheer up a crying father?

Mr. Damon then walked towards me and gave me a hug. "You must have took after your mother because Christopher is dumb like me," he chuckled. He cupped my face and looked at me with a fond smile. "No wonder I'm so fond of you, you're my best friend's daughter."