Chapter 9

AN: The media will make sense later, I promise!

Clary POV

I'm kinda nervous about her coming. I haven't talked to get in so long. I guess I never really forgave her until last week for what she did, even if it was helping me. Well, now I have. Our at least, I better have since she's going to be living with me for the next two years. I better pull my shit together because here she comes.

I'm tackled by a hug before I can even think about how to greet her. "I missed you so much Clary!" she yells as she puts her carry on bag down. I smile and wrap my arms around her tightly.

"I missed you too Aline!" I say as she pulls back a little. "How have you been?"

Before I continue, proper introduction time. Aline Penhallow, aka my best friend from Chicago. She has dark brown hair and eyes to match. She gets this Asian look from her mom, but she looks so ridiculously beautiful you don't even notice. I'm kinda jealous at how effortless her beauty is. Anyway, after I moved here I never really called her or anything because I was mad at her for calling the paramedics when all I wanted to do was die. It's kinda ridiculous now that I think of it--my own personal oxymoron in some ways.

"Well as good as can be expected seeing as my best friend bailed right after she got out of the hospital," she says as she punches me in the arm a little. "By the way, I like the new piercings."

I laugh slightly. "Thanks, they're new. And boy, Penhallow, do I have a lot to tell you."

___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\___

"When I get my hands on that dipshit I'm gonna--"

"Aline! Control! Honestly, I'm not surprised he suggested it with my history," I say with a shrug as I lean against my headboard.

"Seriously though! You had just lost a freaking baby! Not to mention your heart thingy. Either way I'm gonna rip him limb from limb," she says overemphasizing with her lands. I laugh a little as my phone vibrates.

I check it and scoff a little. "Speak of the devil," I mutter as I look at Jace's text.

Clary, I understand you're mad at me but please don't take it or on Iz. She's a mess because you think you're mad at her. I'm sorry okay. I had no idea. Just please forgive me.

Aline looks at the text over my shoulder and scoffs. "I get why he's asking you to forgive his sister, but did he seriously throw a 'please forgive me too' in there?"

"Well that's Jace for ya." I toss my phone to the foot of my bed after texting back a simple 'we'll see'. "Now do what you do best. Help me forget the shit I'm going through before I have to see Jace again in two days. Because if you can't I'm shipping your sorry ass back to Chicago and writing you a very negative review on Angie's List." Aline simply laughs as she reaches for my laptop. Let the two straight days of Netflix and getting over Jace begin.

___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\___

"Why the frick is everyone staring at me?" Aline asks as we walk through the halls.

"Because now that you're here and they see me actually talking to someone they think I'm probably a lesbian and you're my girlfriend," I say as we get to my locker.

"Well sweetie, one of us is a lesbian but it certainly isn't you." We both laugh as Aline does her little hair flip and I shake my head.

Too bad Sebastian has to ruin everything.

"Hey Clary, maybe you and your friend here would wanna have some f--Aline!?" Sebastian says with a sudden look of disgust on his face.

Aline spins around quickly. "Sebastian Verlac you little--," she cuts off and looks at me. "This is the fuckboy Sebastian you were talking about?"