Chapter 7*

Chapter 7

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  "Look who's in another magazine," Jake sings as I place some of his medication on the side table. He passes me the brightly colored magazine, which is turned a few pages in.

  "You've got to be kidding me," I sigh as I look at the page. Of course, he is right. Somehow, the paparazzi captured pictures of me and Ryan running after Finn. Note the sarcasm. Still, I wonder how they never got any pictures of my face or found out my name. They must have been given an extra dose of stupid.

  I read the article with some annoying teenager voice in my head because that is exactly what it sounds like: stupid preteen gossip.

 Ryan Fox has been spotted again with the mystery blonde in the park, participating in a program for special ed. children. The pair were running around with some of the kids. Afterwards they were caught hiding behind some bushes. Hmm, wonder what was going on back there. Sadly, the identity of Ryan's new gal pal still remains a mystery. Even though her name is a mystery, who else thinks they are cute couple? Also will the Foxers be happy with Ryan's new gal pal?

  "Oh god, this is embarrassing," I grumble out loud. "And why do you have another one of these?"

  "My sister thinks that I like them, since I was reading the one about you and Mr. Hotshot," He smirks. "The things I do to invade your personal life."

  "Yeah, I'm starting to think that you secretly enjoy them too," I joke. He rolls his eyes at me and shakes his head.

  "Whatever, I'm just glad you have a life now," He shrugs.

  "I do have a life," I scoff as he rolls his eyes again.

  "Sure," He laughs with sarcasm as I exit the room.

><><><><

  After the third time calling Ryan he finally picks up his phone. "What's up home skillet?"

  "Did you just call me 'home skillet'?" I sigh.

  "Uh, yeah. So what's up?" He asks as if nothing weird just happened.

  "Well, nothing much I guess, just some pictures of us together in another magazine," I say, trying to sound just as casual.

  "We're in another one? Cool," He says happily. He pauses for a moment. "Uh, why aren't you happy?"

  "Uh, because it's not cool. I don't want to be photographed with you," I admit.

  "Uh, why?" He asks. He is such a stupid, egotistical boy.

  "Why? Because I don't want to be photographed with you, that's why," I snap. I guess that is the truth, well part of it.

  "Jeez, no need to get so uptight, but isn't it a good thing though? You get publicity also. You will get noticed for your singing once they find out your name," He says, trying to reason with me. Of course, I can't be swayed by some chance at publicity.

  "That's the point! I don't want to be recognized. Well, I just don't want to be recognized with you. Once they find out who I am all the headlines will be 'Is the mystery blonde really after fame?' 'Alyssa Taylor sleeping her way to the top.' 'Ryan Fox discovers new talent.'" I cry. He didn't say anything so I took it as he still doesn't understand, ugh. "I don't want you to help me. I don't want someone else to discover me; I want to do it myself."

  "Do it?" He chuckles. Great, out of all that, the only thing he hears is "do it".

  "Ryan," I sigh, "I don't want to be seen with you anymore, okay?"

"Wait, why?" He asks softly, but there is something about his voice that's different. He sounds concerned-and that is weird.

  "I want to get somewhere by myself. I don't want your help," I mumble, letting my pride get in the way. I guess it's just my fatal flaw. I guess that there are just some things that should be done by yourself. He doesn't say anything after that, just silence.

  "Ryan! Are you talking to that Alyssa girl?" The voice rings through the phone. It's faint, but I heard it clearly.

  "Ryan. Did you tell them my name?" I ask, my voice stern. He told them my name. 

  "Nope," He said quickly. "I didn't tell him anything."

  "Then why did that guy say my name?" I ask. I'm gonna kill him. I never should have trusted him. Thoughts whirled through my mind and I bit my lip. A tinge of fear blended itself with my burst of anger and slowly 

  "Matt told him!" Ryan exclaims, quick and full of panic.

  "You never told me not to tell him!" Another voice, who I assume is Matt, yells to the phone.

  "Hey! Let me talk to her!" The first voice says. The exchange of the phone happens with a whoosh and the man starts talking. "Hello, I am going to assume that you are Alyssa Taylor. I am Christopher Windle, Ryan's publicist and I would like to have a meeting with you and Ryan. I am wondering when you will be available, so that we can schedule a meeting."

  "Sorry I'm busy for, uhm,  the rest of my life," I say to him.

  "Let me rephrase that. How does tomorrow at four sound?" He says gruffly, cutting to the chase.

  "How about tomorrow at never?" I smirked into the phone.

  "Friday at seven?" He proposes.

  "I have work," I lied. I only worked part time at the hospital, since I'm still younger and less experienced than everyone else, but hey, I get Fridays off.

  "Saturday at three," He states.

  "Still busy," I sing nonchalantly as I prop my feet up onto the coffee table.

  'Is there any time that you will be available?" He snaps, but he immediately cools down and controls his anger. Wow, it doesn't take much to break this guy.

  "When will you take the hints and realize that I don't want to meet up with you?" I say, trying to sound as polite as I possibly could. He sounds desperate and I can't help but wonder why. After all I'm really not something special. Another shuffling of the phone and it's back in Ryan's hands.

  "I'll pick you up on Saturday at five, cool? Okay, bye!" Ryan says rapidly before hanging up. Great, now Ryan's going to show up, again. So much for staying away (and alive).

_______________________________________________________

DOOP DOOP DOOP... shortish chapter. probably just kinda like a filler chapter.. But yeah there was a bit of stuff in it. I originally wasn't going to upload this chapter until next week. I was feeling nice so yeah... I have a speech coming up and finals and my birthday is this Sunday, so I have a lot to do, so lucky you guys :D

UGH so I was writing chapter 9 and I tried to save it and it was taking a long time, so I refreshed the page since it would usually only delete the stuff I had just written, which were just some of the author's message, which I could rewrite. But no. It erased about 85% of the chapter so I need to rewrite -.-

SOoOoOOooOOOOOOoooOOoo? How do you like everyone? Freckles? Mr. Windle? Alyssa? Ryan?

*Banner made by @awesome126

Oh and the chapter is dedicated to { IsLolZaWord } 'cause she made an awesome opossum trailer :D you can check it out in Chapter 1 (the song is Secret Girl by Alex Goot ayy credits to him)

VOTE!

COMMENT! or FAN or ALL

Miss_terious