twenty-eight

"So, how long have you been a fan of twenty one pilots?" Luke wondered, the two of them now walking toward the stage.

"Oh, uh, I've actually only been a fan for a little while," Mae paused, "but I connected to their music instantly and couldn't afford to miss this concert."

It seemed silly to tell someone how quickly you can become attached to a band, but Luke listened intently as Mae described her love for the musical duo.

As the two of them neared the stage, they could see the mass amount of people already collecting. There was still thirty minutes until the beginning, but Luke and Mae decided to stick by in order to get a good spot.

"Aw, we can't really see from here," Mae said sadly as she stepped onto her tippy toes, peering over the guy in front of her.

Luke looked at her for a moment and then looked around at the people near them. Within an instant he had an idea and quickly went through with it.

Mae had no time to comprehend what was happening as Luke grabbed her hand and tugged her along with him.

"Wait, woah slow down," she said, completely exasperated. Luke quickly gave her a small smile before turning back and pulling her forward.

People weren't so reluctant to move out of their way, but considering the size of Luke, he somehow managed to nudge them out of the way. However, he did seem to use nice phrases such as 'excuse me' while doing so.

After moments of weaving their way through the crowd, they managed to find a tiny spot right by the stage. It looked big enough for only one person, but he was determined to make it work.

"Luke, I hate to break it to you, but there's no way we're both fitting here."

A smirk grew on his face as he held out his other hand to her. She hesitated as she simply looked at the dangling hand in front of her. Holding one hand was one thing, but both seemed to be pushing the boundaries.

"Come here," he whispered. And just like that, she grabbed ahold of his hand and in an instant she was standing in front of him. "There we go."

The color of her cheeks intensified as she stood there. They probably were the color of a tomato by now, and the only saving grace she had was that Luke couldn't see her face.

Screams slowly erupted through the crowd as the lights started to come on.

This was it.

Mae's gaze diverted toward the side of the stage where Tyler and Josh were standing. They were hype as they stood there, jumping up and down.

She brought her hands to her mouth and hollered as they ran onto the stage. Josh went straight to the drums and Tyler ran up to the piano and jumped off of it.

The crowd went absolutely insane as they gave their intro.

Her hands retracted to her side but they didn't stay there long. Luke took the initiative to grab her hands within his for the second time. Their fingers intertwined and rested gently right above Mae's waist.

There were no words spoken between them as they stood and focused completely on the men in front of them.

Lyrics escaped from the band's mouths and filled the crowds ears. Luke and Mae were completely overwhelmed at the talent they were witnessing and they couldn't imagine being anywhere else. And they couldn't possibly imagine being there with anyone else.

I'm a goner, somebody catch my breath, I want to be known by you.

Along with Tyler's voice, Mae could also hear another voice singing along, much quieter so that only she could hear. He was whispering the words into her ears, sending shivers down her spine.

The simplest actions from him drove Mae completely wild, and even though she's only known him in physical form for less than three hours, she's already certain about her feelings for him.

i want to go to a concert with somebody i like *cough* luke *cough*

raise your hand if you think tøp is fücking fantastic *raises hand*

and also feel free to express emotions from the gma performance :')