XXXIX - Linked

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII. :D

So I'm sorry if this is a really bad chapter, I kinda wrote it on my phone at four in the morning... So I honestly I have no idea what to expect. :')

But I hope you like it! ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Nine

I didn't know what to do.

It felt like it had been weeks, maybe even months, since the night when Klaus accidentally poisoned me. But I knew that it had only been a few days. Even so, I wanted to wake up. I needed to.

Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah, and even Hayley had all visited me multiple times.

Klaus and Rebekah told me how worried they were about me and how sorry they were that this happened. I was happy that they always came to see me, even if I couldn't speak to them or respond when they held my hand. Even so, when Klaus touched me, a small part of me wanted to break his hand. Too bad that I couldn't.

Hayley told me how the littlest wolf was doing. She knew how much I cared about the baby. She knew that I had been one of the people that had tried the hardest to protect it, and her.

The most unique was Elijah. He was there almost constantly, sitting beside me. Sometimes he would read to me, my favourite books and plays, like "Misery" by Stephen King and "Hamlet" or "Romeo and Juliet" by Shakespeare. Other times, he would just tell me what had happened in the days I had been in this strange supernatural coma.

A few days after I was put into the coma, I felt Davina's power suddenly surge. And it was happening more than once, too. It was an earthquake, and it was caused by her. Something was wrong. And, conveniently, it seemed that mine was surging too. I didn't understand why, but I didn't question it. It was as if I had connected myself to her in a way.

Then I realized... A few weeks ago, I had put a special type of protection spell on Davina when the vampires were acting out again one night, which Elijah and Marcel had asked me to do. It had only lasted a few days, but I had put a spell on her that was linked to me. If she died, I would feel it, and I could bring her back with my own life force. That meant that for a short time, I was connected to her. Was it possible that I still was?

My question on the matter was answered after extremely fast and strong winds echoed in the abattoir.

I was somehow linked to Davina. When she died, I went into a coma, without even drinking the water that killed her.

I had been so young, but memories of my parents were now rushing through my mind. And then I knew exactly what was happening. My mother had been a harvest girl, and almost the exact same thing had happened to her. She told me the stories. She had been taken by her lover when he found out what was happening, and she was hidden by him for months until she began to show signs of death because of the harvest. She had gone through exactly what was happening to Davina, and had taken almost the entire country country of what is now called Italy down with her.

The only way to help her and save her was to sacrifice her through the harvest.

And that was the only way to save Davina.

I heard my balcony doors fling open, and the wind was loud and violent. I could feel it, and I clenched my fists. At least, I imagined myself clenching my fists. I didn't know if I could respond yet.

I needed to tell someone about Davina and I. This way, she is using me as an anchor. She is either using my power and taking more than she had before, or I'm taking hers and it helps her to calm down a little. I hoped that it was the latter.