Part thirteen

I was sleeping when Navya woke me up.
Navya was saying something to which I wasn't paying attention. I was just looking outside the window at the clouds. I was just replaying the last thirty six hours of my life. It has changed from the worse to better. I have the love of my life with me and the people who earlier used to hate me have started loving me. Life is a roller coaster. It has its up and its downs but there's a fear in my mind and after so much I really can't let go off that fear. The fear of losing everything. It takes years to build up a strong bond but a second to break that.
I was just thinking when I felt a warm hand on my hand. I looked up and saw Cabir sitting beside me.
Cabir said,"what is it Nandu? Blurt it out baby doll because I know you're not being true to me or anyone of us."
I'm blessed to have Cabir in my life. Without saying anything he understands whatever his friends go through. He is a gem.
I looked at him and smiled. I said,"Cabir just few days ago I had no one but you with me today I have everyone with me. All this seems so surreal. What if something happens and they are not with me again?"
Cabir sighed and said,"Nandini you don't need us to live your life. I've told you again and again, stop living your life in a denial. You've got to trust yourself and your decisions. If people around you fail you, there's always one person that can never ever fail you. And that person is you. I won't lie but if we all won't be around you tomorrow then you'll be hurt but life doesn't stop. And while thinking about future you just stop enjoying the present beauty. Live for this very second Nandini. Now is your time, this time won't come back again."
Cabir was right. I think too much about the future. I've got to stop doing that. I smiled at him.
I then told him about Manik's crazy antic that he pulled off in the morning. Cabir was laughing his ass off. He said,"hahahahahahahaha seriously Manik being a typical boyfriend must be a sight to watch."
I laughed with him. Just then an announcement was made that the flight is about to land. We tied the seat belt and waited for the flight to land. Just when the flight landed and I was collecting my luggage, my phone started ringing. It was Nancy.
I picked up the call but before I can say anything she said,"give the phone to Romeo."
from her tone I could gather that Nancy was mad at something. Nancy is an aggressive girl and I knew if I gave the phone to Manik she will lose her temper. She'll say things which might not have some good consequences. I said,"Nancy he is not around."
She replied,"listen Nandini. This is very important. Just call me whenever he is around."
I said,"fine."
I didn't want to make any scene here so I agreed.
After an hour or so we reached our resort. The resort was just near Anjuna beach. I went to my room. All the other people selected for auditions will arrive tomorrow. I had one more day to be myself. I went to Manik's room.
I knocked on his door. His hair looked wet and messy. HE must have taken shower. I looked at him and said,"I want to go and watch sunset."
He said,"Nandini at least take some rest and let me take rest too."
I stomped my foot. I said,"nooooo Manik. I've to watch it today only."
Manik said,"fine. Get ready and meet me in ten minutes."
I gave him a big smile and happily hugged him. I went to my room happily and dressed in a floral print mid thigh length dress. I then marched to Manik's room and saw him wearing black shorts and grey tshirt. I smiled at him. That's how Manik used to look back in college. Now he has started looking more sophisticated but today he was looking just like he used to look back when I really fell for him. He came forward and held my hand. He said,"you're looking really beautiful."
I smiled at him and said,"and you look so cute."
Manik made a kiddish face and said,"no Nandini I don't do cute. Call me hot or sexy or handsome. Not cute. Children look cute."
I smiled at his cute antics. I said,"shut up Manik. You look cute just the same Manik I first saw."
Manik smiled at me. He said,"lets go."
We walked to the reception hand in hands. I saw rest of the gang waving at us. I smiled at them.
Cabir said,"wohhhoooo. So MaNan is back!"
I blushed and looked at Manik who was looking down at me. I said sarcastically,"wow Cabir you made the situation less awkward."
Mukti then said,"chill nandini. With us no situation is awkward. Over the years we've understood that you're the one for Manik."
I blushed at her statement.
Dhruv said,"guys. Come on lets go. Let them have their own time together."
They started moving toward's resort's private beech.
Manik stopped them and said,"guys join us. I know this really awesome place. We guys can sit and talk there."
Alya said,"no Manik you both have a lot of catching up to do, you both should go on your own."
I said,"Alya even we all have lots of catching up to do. Come na."
They all agreed and joined us. We took cars and left for the place. I looked out of the window, enjoying the beauty of goa. The greenery and landscapes. It was all so beautiful.
Wait. What if people recognise them? They don't even have security people with them. I was about to say this just then Manik said,"I've booked this whole place. Its known as Curlies. Its a shack on Anjuna and have a small beach of its own. You'll like the place."
I smiled at him. I said,"thank you,"
He said,"pleasure is all mine baby."
I blushed after hearing the word baby from him. Never in my dreams have I imagined Manik acting like a typical boyfriend.
We reached the place. The place was so beautiful. It indeed had a small beech of its own, it was mostly the shack that won my heart. It was twilight, shack was lighted with candles and lamps glowing with soft light. We all went and sat on the rocks near the beach.
Cabir, Navya and mukti went on their own to give the couples their 'private' time.
Manik saton a rock. I sat beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and we saw sun bidding us a bye. I snuggled a little into Manik. My head was resting at his chest and I can feel his chin on my head.
I said,"Manik all this is so beautiful. It all seems like a beautiful dream and this is what scares me. I'm scared that I'll open my eyes and my dream will break and I'll be back to where I was."
Manik tightened his grip on me. He said,"Nandini I won't lie but I feel the same. There's this fear of losing you but Nandini we've to be strong. I know this time we'll sail through."
I looked up at him and saw him looking down at me.
He leaned in a little and gave a peck on my lips. He then said,"we'll be fine Nandini."
This perfect moment was ruined by my phone. It was Nancy. I forgot that I had to call her back.
I picked up her call. She said,"Nandini give the home to Manik please."
She sounded calm now. So I agreed. I said,"okay. Wait."
I put the phone on loudspeaker. I then looked towards Manik and said,"Nancy wants to speak to you."
He nodded his head.
He said on the phone,"yeah Nancy. What's up?"
She said,"Romeo keep your hormones in check otherwise you'll bring trouble to yourself."
I was confused. What's she saying?
Manik said,"sorry I didn't get you! What happened Nancy? Tell me everything in detail."
What Nancy said next was something I wasn't expecting. She replied,"Manik my head at the office had a photo of you and Nandini hugging each other at your hotel today morning. Fortunately I was around and with help of RishaBh I got the memory card which had the pic of you both but He did some digging and he now sort of have doubts on you both. Just be aware. People might be watching you."
I felt Manik's body getting tensed. He said,"thanks nancy. I'll see what I can do. I owe you one."
Nancy said,"no you don't. Just keep Nandini happy. She deserves it."
Manik then looked in my eyes and said,"I totally intend to. Nancy just send me your head's number."
I smiled at him. He disconnected the call. We then walked back to everyone. We sat and had some drinks and dinner. We talked about our lives in last five years. After having our dinner we moved back to our hotel. After wishing everyone good night we retired to our rooms.
I had just showered and changed into my night clothes when I heard a knock on my door.
I opened the door and saw Manik standing there. what does he want now?
He said,"ummm Nandini... Can I..."
Before he could complete his sentence I understood that he wants to be there tonight with me. I made way for him and said,"sure. But."
He said,"I swear I'll behave myself and leave before everyone gets up."
Oh god! I must be dreaming this, Manik being so cute. I kissed him on his cheeks and said,"okay."
He smiled back. He just went to the bed and laid down. He said,"I'm sleepy. Come here."
I laid beside him facing him. He turned towards me. He wrapped his one arm around me and pulled me closer.
He said,"Nandini you know every night I used to crave to hold you. It feels like heaven that tonight I'm going to sleep with you in my arms. I...I just can't thank your aiyappa enough for this."
Oh my! He has never confessed his love in direct words but what all he says these days isn't anything less than a love confession. I hugged him hard. We laid like this for long and then fell into a peaceful slumber.

---------------
A/N
Now that I'm done with my stupid conference I swear I'll update regularly. Thank you all for your immense support.
Keep reading as some romance and hardcore drama awaits for you in the next upcoming updates.
Do hit the star and vote for my story.
Please please vote and comment your views.
Much much love
Sasha