Chapter Twelve: Here Comes The Unlikely Bride

A/N: Hello everyone! Thanks for patiently waiting (or not) for Ch. 12. This chapter is special to me. It shows a lot of sides to the characters, I think. And there's so much happening in this chapter, it's a miracle I got it out this week. LOL!  All I can say is, Charlotte is crazy. I wouldn't say half the things she does sometimes... :)

Also, I'd like to dedicate this to Cheamcat (again) because she really campaigned for this story to a lot of her readers and brought many of you here...

BTW: Check out the new story I started posting here too: Virtue and Vice. It's where I first loosely based TMMM but I think the two have gone separate directions now. VV is a little bit steamier than TMMM and a bit darker. =)

========

The day before the wedding was a crazy, splendid blur.

It started with waking up snuggled against Brandon whose peaceful, sleeping face gave me a near cardiac arrest so early in the morning. I spent a good fifteen minutes just studying his softened features and wondering at the contrast of this relaxed, youthful Brandon from the usually stern and intense businessman who went about ordering and organizing everything in his life to fit his plans.

Except when it comes to you. You're the anomaly in his perfectly planned life.

And because Brandon, aside from being attractive, successful and filthy rich, was also practically all-knowing like his father, he suddenly opened his eyes and caught me staring. 

That slow, lazy smile that stretched across his face nearly did me in so I greeted him with a disgusted groan and tried to roll away but he quickly caged me in his arms and pulled me in closer until we were practically welded together. 

"Ahkenbweehanahareeyineetuhpee."

He pulled away slightly to look at me, laughter sparkling in his eyes. "What did you say?"

I wrinkled my nose which had been squashed against his chest and repeated my words, "I can't breathe and I really need to pee."

Real graceful, Charlotte. You get a second chance at taking back what you said that you shouldn't have but you just repeated it anyway.

But Brandon just laughed and sat up, taking me with him. 

"Go, then. Don't let me hold you back," he teased, spanking me on the butt lightly as I moved to climb off the bed.

He walked into the bathroom a few minutes later and we brushed our teeth together before he talked me into having breakfast first before we did anything else.

He made decent pancakes and cooked up some bacon and eggs. We sat around the breakfast bar in our pajamas and spent a good half hour just eating, talking and watching the news on the small TV mounted on the wall that the kitchen island was attached to on one end.

We took turns showering and got dressed. Brandon took care of my cuts again and re-bandaged them just before Felicity showed up with a to-do list longer than the train on my wedding gown.

With just a day before the wedding, we had a lot to do. I was still tired and aching but the painkillers helped and sheer will propelled me forward. Brandon didn't look excited when I sat Felicity down and started to go over everything with her but he said nothing after I gave him a pointed look and just retreated into his office instead. Today was the first day of the time he took off work but that didn't mean he actually stopped working.

An hour later, the penthouse started to get more traffic.

The catering people came and set up a small buffet with Gilles managing the ins and outs of the different visitors and suppliers who came by.