Chapter 7: "Lunch can be hard to eat."

-------------------------------------

Authors note:

OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A LONG TIME!!!

YOU CAN KILL ME!

.... actually, don't.

well, im back! yay! holidays over and i just finished getting used to the new things in school, so i can start writing again!!!

YAY!!!

anyways, back to the story.

--------------------------------------

Natsu's P.O.V

So, we went to the big grand dinning table to eat after we talked. Lucy sat beside me, and next to my dad, who sat at the end of the table. My mom sat across from her, as Wendy sat across from me.

Lucy started twirling and playing with her blonde hair when we were ordering our menu, I guess she was still a bit shy.

"5 ceaser salads for appetizer, and smoked salmon for our meal, thanks," My dad orded the waiter as he waved him of. The waiter bowed, said a 'Yes, your Majesty', and walked quickly towards the kitchen.

"Wha?!" I shouted, right after I saw the waiter walk in the kitchen, "I wanted a big, juicy, fire-spicy chicken!"

Dad sighed and replied, "You've been having that for the past few weeks. Why not try something new?"

I growled and pouted as I looked away.

I really wanted that chicken.

When I turned my head back and saw Lucy, that's when it hit me.

She was trembling and literally had tears in her eyes. It was so obvious that she didn't want to have smoked salmon.

Of course she didn't want to.

As a mermaid, the law and motto is 'Fish are friends, not food'.

Salmon is fish.... right?

Of course she didn't want to eat fish.

I mean, who would want to eat their dead friend?

Lucy's P.O.V

I started panicking in my head the moment I heard 'smoked salmon.' Nooooooo!!! Why fish now out of all times?!!!

When the smoked salmon came in a shiny silver platter, I started crying.

My friend is deadddddd~ and i have to eat himmmmmmmmmm~~ noooooooo!!!

Everyone turned their heads in shock as they saw me cry. The man in black clothes, who gave the food (waiter), awkwardly went back to the kitchen.

"....Are you ok?" The queen asked with a comforting voice.

Ah! I have to think of something to say...!

I wiped my tears away,
"Yeah, I'm ok, I just, uh.... love the food!" I laughed nervously.

Sure I do!

Natsu nodded in agreement so that my lie seemed true, but he looked like I said something really weird. The queen nodded hesitantly, and it seemed like she didnt believe it. Wendy also looked like she didnt buy it, but she smiled anyways. Though, the king seemed to have bought it.

"Hahahaha!" he laughed as he slapped his knee, "You're just like Natsu! The first time he saw his juicy chicken when he was young, he started crying with joy!"

"I DID NOT CRY!" Natsu yelled as he got up from his chair and slammed the table.

"Sure you didn't! ahahahaha!!"

Natsu got back in his chair and pouted, looking away. I chuckled at his reaction, that's when the Queen and Wendy finally agreed I was happy.

"Shall we eat?"The king said as he rubbed his hands together. Everyone started to eat, with whatever objects they were using. I carefully looked at how Natsu was eating and well, he was the only one not using the objects.

"NATSU! EAT PROPERLY!" The queen shouted at him. He flinched and started eating the food with the objects. I picked up the the sharp object at my right hand side of the plate. It looked like a knife humans use to kill, so I raised the knife up high, and was about to chop the fish down with all my might until Natsu stopped me. I looked at his hand that grabbed my arm, and then his 'are you crazy' look on his face. I carefully put the knife back down and faked cough, covering my mouth with my hand. Wendy backed up in her chair, while her mom sat there in shock. The king looked at me as if I had gone mental.

For a minute, eveyone stopped eating and just sat there, then got back to what they were doing.

What should I do?!! I dont know how to eat, and obviously Natsu can't teach me in front of everyone!!

So then, I did a hopless thing.

"Sorry, will you excuse me? I dont feel like eating very much." I mumbled as I stood up from my chair. Before anyone could even open their mouth, or Natsu could stop me, I ran away, out in to the gardens.

I sat on a white bench, near a small waterfall thingy. Flowers were planted and grown around me, dancing with the wind. Tiny creatures with wings flew around me and the garden. It was so pretty that I could finally calm down. I looked up at the blue sky and sighed.

"Ahhhh..." I exhaled. "Why did I runaway? I'm so useless with my life...."

When I was about to get up from my chair and go back to the catsle, I heared footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a man with black hair. He wore a white long jacket with blue rims on the end, as well as black pants.

"Excuse me, my lady, do you know where Prince Natsu is?" He asked.

He looked pretty irritated.