Just your average sleeping quarters! Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Ow, ow, ow! My head was pounding as if it was being hit with a hammer. I felt like I was about to throw up. I really shouldn't have drunk last night. Wait..... Why is my bed so cold? I opened my eyes and looked around, confirming that I was indeed lying on the bathroom floor. How much did I freakin’ drink?

I slowly got off the ground, holding both my head and stomach. My balance was off, maybe I was still a little drunk! At a snails pace I entered my room, two vodka bottles lay empty on the floor. Thats probably why I ended up passed out on the bathroom floor.

I checked the time; 9.30am. School started a half hour ago. I contemplated whether I should go or not, but then realized that if my mother found out I don't go she would worry and get me a shrink. And I am not over exaggerating seriously.

I took a quick shower and threw on a pair of jeans and a long sleeved top matched with my favorite wine converse. I towel dried my hair and ran a brush through it, not really bothered to do much more. My hair is so much of a frizzy brown mess that there is no point trying to tame it.

I didn't put on any makeup besides some mascara, I always thought it made my dull blue eyes seem a shade brighter.

I went downstairs and took an aspirin for my hangover. Ugh why must my head hurt this much! I grabbed an apple and quietly exited through the front door, making sure not to slam the door just in case my mother was still in bed,  that was all I needed, a worried mother.

I made my way to my crappy beat up car. When I opened the door a high screech came from it. Please not have woken my mother, please not of woken my mother. I slowly turned around and looked up at my mother's bedroom window. I could faintly see a shadow moving about so I jumped into the car at the speed of light, causing my head to wince in pain.

I drove quickly to school hoping, no more like praying that she didn’t see me. I really didn't want the millions of questions from her when I got home.

I found a parking space at the edge of the parking lot and walked into the plain red brick school. There was no one around as I got my books from my locker, since everyone was in class. Hmm.. I was fifteen minutes late for second period, that wasn't too bad.

I walked to room 203 where my English literature class was taking place. I gave a small knock on the door and walked in. I muttered "sorry" to Mr. Harrington, my teacher and he waved his hand for me to take a seat.

I looked around for a free desk. There was only one left and it was beside Nathan. I didn't even know he took this class. Internally groaning I slowly made my way over to the seat. As I sat down Nathan kept his eyes fixed on the teacher. I took this opportunity to examine him more closely, his nose was a little crooked which suggested it had once been broken.

His lips were skinny with a slight frown at the edges, his hair mopped across his face. The dark hair complemented his ice cool grey eyes. His skin looked so soft and delicate that I wanted to just reach out and - wait, what am I saying! This guy is a creep even if he's gorgeous. Psychopaths do not look good in wedding pictures Ivory.

"As I was saying class, welcome all back to another year! I'm sure we are all ready to to settle down to some hard work. You will stay in the same seats for the rest of the year, but I'll move you if you're talking." Mr.Harrington explained. No, No, No, No, NO!! Great, now I was stuck beside this weirdo for the rest of the year! I should have gotten in earlier, why am I so stupid?

Damn you alcohol, Damn you Mr.Harrington and Damn you Nathan!

I tried concentrate on what the teacher was saying but found it extremely difficult as Nathan was staring at me. Dont make eye contact. Dont make eye contact. I kept my eyes fixated to the front of the room hoping he would look away. Again, didn't he know it's rude to stare!

20 minutes later and he was still staring at me, it was getting a bit past creepy at this point. I don't think I have ever felt so awkward in my whole life than I did right at that very moment, but I wasn't going to give in and look at him. He was a jerk who didn't deserve my acknowledgement.

The long awaited bell rang and I shot out of my desk and started towards the classroom door. Nearly free Ivory, just get out without saying anything.

"Wait." Damn, I froze on the spot still facing away from him. I slowly turned my head but kept the rest of my body towards the door. Just in case I needed to make a quick dash!

"Ivory." Nathan put his hand on my shoulder and spun me around. How rude! Please don't say anything about last night.

"You do know we will have to do projects together." Nathan said in a matter-of-fact attitude. He was right, there were going to be projects in this class that we would have to do together. I blinked hard as an answer, grimacing at the fact I would have to be around him more. I yanked off his hand that still firmly grasped my shoulder.

" I was going to say that we should act more civil to each other but I don't think you could manage that." Nathan spat.

I was full on rage now! Thankfully everyone had left the classroom, "I'm the one acting uncivil? Did you not hear yourself yesterday? I was trying to be nice!"

Nathan looked agitated. He paced slightly, while grabbing fists full of hair, "I-I-I-I didn't mean it okay!!" Nathan trembled, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I could see a little tear gathering at the bottom of his eyes.

He was really freaking me out now.