Chapter Twenty Eight: Sweet Dreams

EnderOni, Loop Two

Chapter Twenty Eight:

Sweet Dreams

-...-

And here they all were, back at the safe room again. So it goes...

"E-Explain what happened, a-and calm down, please!" Ant tried to help Bashur, who was still freaking out.

"I C-CAN'T!" Bashur yelled. "I still feel so sick!"

"Jason, Sub, do you two think you can help him?" Sky turned to the other two, whom were a bit calmer, even if they were shaken as well.

"W-Well..." Jason gulped. He had his helmet in his hands.

Tyler watched as Sky, Ant, and Ty tried helping The three. Tyler sat at the table, and Seto sat at the other table. The room was a lot more silent, as this time, there were only eight people left. The clock was counting down quickly. Onity wasn't taking his time this time.

"We found another room, the Annex place. We went down there, looked around. We found a ton of weapons, but before we c-could get out of there, the wall to the side exploded. M-Mitch and Jerome w-were too close, and they g-got killed. We were on the other side of the room, but the explosion also caused a lot of gas to leak out." Jason explained.

"D-Do you think we're okay!? Are we poisoned!?" Bashur asked.

"There's no way we can tell if that gas would harm you." Ant said.

"But it had a strong smell and I don't really trust it." Jason sighed.

"How do you feel, Sub?" Sky turned to the mute, who shook his head. He didn't feel well at all.

"S-So that monster didn't kill them, huh?" Ty huffed.

"N-No, it did." Seto said, and they looked at him.

"What do you mean? We never saw the thing down there at all." Jason asked.

"Don't you remember!?" Seto asked those who were at his group. "It attacked us! And it pushed me into the lever!"

"O-Oh...yeah...." Ant frowned.

"So the lever does something that makes the gas pipes down in the annex explode?" Tyler asked shifting where he sat.

"So the Oni did kill Mitch and Jerome?" Bashur asked.

"But it was I who pulled that lever. If I could have avoided hitting it, they'd be alive." Seto shook his head.

"It wasn't your fault, Seto. At least you were able to live." Sky tried to help out.

"Me? I'm just one person. I should have died instead of two people. Chances are that two is better then one, right? And what could I do to save anybody? I can't teleport out of the mansion. I can't open the door. If the Oni had killed me instead, then Mitch and Jerome would be alive." Seto replied.

"I chose to step in and save your life, and I wouldn't go back in time to stop myself. What happens, happens, Seto." Ant frowned.

"I understand that....but it's not right." Seto said.

"So d-did you guys find anything?" Bashur asked.

"We found out what the lever did." Tyler answered.

"That's about it..." Ty added.

There was a pause.

"I think i'm ready to fall asleep." Sky yawned.

"There has been too much death in the last day." Jason frowned.

"Besides, I don't really want to go back out there today...." Seto agreed.