chapter 52✿

Luke's POV

I can't believe May. She honestly thinks I don't see how she feels towards Travis? She's only fooling herself.

It's been a week since I broke up with her, and I haven't seen her since she ran out of my house crying. I feel bad that she cried because I never want to be the person to make her cry. Regardless of her feelings for Travis, i'm still in love with her. I probably always will be. But I can't be with her when she feels something for someone else too.

"Bro did you hear me?" Calum breaks me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I ask.

"I said Ashley Brown is having a huge party for her twentieth birthday. We should go."

"Who's Ashley Brown?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "I have no idea, but apparently she's a friend of Ashton's friend. Doesn't really matter though, a party's a party."

"I don't know man, i'm not really up for any parties. Plus, Michael and I haven't seen each other since I broke up with his sister." I say. I feel strange referring to May as Michael's sister but, I don't think I could say her name out loud without crying.

"Just come man. He's your best friend. He's not going to hold the breakup against you. Besides, if you two really are over, you can't just live inside your house for the rest of your life. It's been a week. Go out, get drunk and try and have fun." Calum says.

I groan. "Fine."

"Good! Okay well the party's in like an hour, so go shower and shit and i'll wait down here." Calum says.

I nod as I go upstairs and take a quick shower. After my shower I throw on my black skinny jeans with rips at both knees, and a plain black t-shirt.

"Alright let's go." I say as I walk downstairs.

"I texted Michael. He said he's out with Cora for the night, so he's not coming." Calum tells me.

I nod understandingly. I'm kind of glad Michael isn't coming tonight. I don't know his whole take on the breakup, and I don't know if I want to find out.

-

It's only been thirty minutes since I arrived at the party, and i'm already bored out of my mind. Calum went off with some girl and I haven't seen him since. I stand in the kitchen on my phone, just then someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see a girl with bleach blonde hair and blue eyes. I can't help but notice how attractive she is. Not as beautiful as May, though. Damn it Luke, stop thinking about her.

"Uh, hey?" I say, sounding more like a question.

"Why is a guy like you standing all alone?" She asks.

"I don't really know these people. I came with a friend but I don't know where he went." I tell her.

"Well you can't just go on your phone for the whole party. Come hang out with me and my friends." She says.

"I think i'm okay here." I tell her.

"Oh come on. It's a party. Have a little fun. What, do you have a girlfriend or something?"

I'm about to tell her that I in fact do, so she should leave me alone. But then I remember, I don't. I no longer have a girlfriend. My mind thinks back to what Calum told me earlier. Try and have fun. That's exactly what i'm going to do.

"No, I don't."

The girl smirks. "Well come on then." She says as she takes my hand and leads me to the backyard.