Chapter 5|Sunshine you little perv!

I walked to my locker with a lazy smile on my face, my day had turned from sour to sweet. Little did I know that the sour devil hadn't finished with me just yet.

I slammed my locker and turned around only to be greeted by Erika Belle. My smile twisted into a scowl.

Erika was that cliche girl. She was the head cheerleader, bleach blonde, killer body bitch. Although I don't think many of her features were...original.

I plastered at sickly sweet smile on my face, but I was mentally butchering her face with knives. Great mental image I know.

"Can I help you?"I asked, tilting my head upwards so I could see her face. Not that I wanted to see her face, but her boobs were at my eye level and they were practically falling out of her tight tank top. Not a pretty sight.

She placed her hands on her hips and kept her face neutral.

"We saw you with Ryan at lunch, didn't we girls?"she said, turning to raise one perfectly sculpted eyebrow at her two cronies, obviously there for moral support.

"Uh huh,"they replied in unison, copying Erika's stance. I'm not gonna lie it was kinda funny.

"So, what's your point?"I asked.

"My point is he's mine, so stay away from him bitch."

I snorted. How cliche was she?
"Does he know that he belongs to you? I'm pretty sure if he knew that then he'd be running for the hills. I sure as hell would be."

She took a step towards me, narrowing her eyes into slits.
"I would slap you but I don't want to get slut on my hand."

"Yeah,"one of the cronies said, snapping her fingers.

I rolled my eyes. Was that really necessary?

"Why? It's already all over your outfit,"I said, looking her up and down. Bad idea. Because she had stepped forward her boobs were about an inch away from my face.

"Holy watermelons,"I muttered to myself, taking a step away from her...watermelons.

Erika's face went a deep shade of red and an angry vein appeared on her forehead. It didn't look very healthy.

"Apologise now bitch,"she growled.

"I think you're the one who needs to apologise. Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly making oxygen for you to breathe. It deserves an apology, not you."

She looked at me with a blank stare.

"It's pointless to make fun of you because by the time you understand what I said, people with low IQ's will be living on Pluto,"I said, picking up my backpack from where I'd dropped it on the floor.

"Where do you think you're going?"Erika screeched as I walked away.

"Home,"I replied, flashing her a smile.

She obviously still hadn't got my tree joke.
~*~*~

"Hazel, thank god you're home,"Mom said as I walked into the kitchen. Unwashed dishes were scattered across the counter and piled up around the sink. She was rushing around like a squirrel on crack, whilst I was standing there more confused than a zebra on a zebra crossing.

"What's going on?"I asked, watching her race around the dining room, setting the table.

"Family dinner."

I resisted the urge to groan and stomp my foot childishly. Just.

Family dinners were the worst. By family my mom meant her side of the family. There was my grandma-who insisted on me piling my plate with a mountain of food because she thought I was too skinny. She obviously hasn't looked closely at her own daughter for a while if she thought I was skinny. Then there were my two uncles Garry and Toby. Don't get me wrong, I like gay people. Gay people are hilarious. But when they do the whole making- out-in-front-of-the-family thing, it makes my insides die. C'mon people, there is a time and place for that, and it isn't while your virgin eyed niece is watching. Next were my aunt Julia and my aunt Dahlia. No they weren't lesbian, they were twins. Neither of them were married, probably because the poor guys they date can't tell them apart. Hell, I didn't know which was which. Add the most awkward conversation topics you can think of and voila, you've got yourself a shit sandwich with no mayo.