chapter 54✿

"May?" Michael calls from outside my door. "May come on. You've been in there for a over a week already. Would you please talk to me?" He begs.

It's been eight days since Luke and I broke up for good. I haven't been able to face anybody, not without breaking down. I only went to school three days of the week. Seeing everyone somehow reminds me of him. Michael is Luke's best friend, I can't talk to him right now. I don't know if he knows what happened between Luke and I although, I assume someone must have told him by now.

Almost as if Michael can read my thoughts, he speaks. "Luke told me everything. I'm so sorry, May. Please come out and talk to me. You can't stay locked in your room like this, it's not healthy."

I remain on my bed.

"What happened to you and I forever? It's you and me, May. Don't shut me out."

I sigh as I stand up from my bed and walk to my door. I turn the knob and slowly open the door. I see Michael for the first time in eight days. I immediately burst into tears and engulf him in a hug. He moves his hand to the back of my head and strokes my hair in comfort.

"He told you?" I ask, referring to Luke, but I can't bring myself to say his name.

Michael pulls away from the hug. "Yeah, he did. I'm so sorry that he made you feel like that but, i'm not choosing sides. Please don't be mad about that it's just if I do choose then I know i'll lose one you and I-"

"Mikey don't worry, I don't expect you to take a side." I tell him honestly. Luke was his best friend. I wasn't about to make Michael lose him just because of me. I knew what I was getting into when I started this whole thing with Luke months ago.

"He's doing terrible, in case you were wondering." Michael mumbles.

"I wasn't."

"You're going to need to talk to him eventually, May." Michael sighs.

"Who says I have to?" I snap.

With the way i'm feeling about him right now, I could go the rest of my life without seeing him. Who am I kidding? I only wish that were true. It's only been eight days and I feel like i'm empty without him. I don't know how i'm going to get through this breakup. Sometimes, I find myself forgetting what he did, just so for a few seconds I can pretend as if we are still as happy as we once were.

"You two really are so alike. He hasn't left his room either." Michael informs me.

I wish I could tell him i'm happy Luke is feeling the same way I am but, i'm not. I don't want Luke to ever feel this pain that i'm feeling. No matter what he's done, i'm still in love with him. I most likely always will be.

"I know what he did was wrong but, you can't say he doesn't love you. Yeah, he was an asshole for making out with that girl and almost―doing other things. But he was drunk. I know that's not excuse but it's the best one there is. People make mistakes, May. You're telling me you've never made a mistake when it comes to your relationship?" Michael asks, obviously referring to the Ian and Luke fiasco.

"You said you weren't choosing sides. Seems pretty clear to me who's side you're on." I huff.

"I'm not on anyone's side. I just want you two together. I was so against it at first. But then I saw how you are around him. He makes you happier. I've never seen you as happy as you are when you're with him. I know you're so angry right now with him but, time heals all wounds."

I laugh sarcastically. "What are you now? My shrink?"

"So what then? You're just done with him?" He asks.