Chapter 38

*Adithya Pov*

I opened my mail when I received a notification that I got one. I frowned, looking at the mail. Why am I feeling that it is bad news?

I thought, rubbing my forehead and leaned back in my chair. I continued to gaze at it until Rajeev entered the room saying that a dead body is found.

"Let's go!" I said, getting up and we both left for the crime scene along with few constables.

After reaching there we saw that there is already a crowd along with media while two constables are trying to control them from walking around the body.

"Why are we always informed in last and the media first?" I asked Rajeev an unanswered question.

"Media power!" he replied, shaking his head.

We both walked to the body and saw that it is some man's, and the forensic team reached there before taking all the measures which they should before removing the body.

"We will send the results soon." Doctor said, and I nodded before walking towards the crowd to ask if anyone knows anything.

"Search for any evidence here." I said to constables, and they started doing it before taping the crime scene.

It is beside the road, so I don't think there will be any traffic problem after taping it. We returned to the station and started the investigation regarding the man.

When we found the family, the news was delivered to them. After some time, the investigation is on the correct route before I headed for home.

I walked inside our home rubbing my neck feeling completely tired today. I glanced at the table in our room to see Janice reading some book.

"Are you fine?" She asked, getting up.

"I need a bath first." I replied and freshened up a little before sitting beside Jaan, who is already sitting on the bed, by the time I walked outside the washroom.

"Do you have a headache?" she asked, placing her hand on my forehead.

"No! Just some neck pain." I replied, rubbing it again.

"Lay down on your stomach. I will rub it if you can't sit in front of me." She said looking at me.

"I will lay down. I can't sit anymore." I said doing as she asked me to.

She started massaging there a little, and I slowly drifted off into sleep, feeling little relaxed.

I again woke up hearing a knock on the door. I glanced to my right side and saw that Jaan slept off while giving my neck a massage.

"What is it Mom?" I asked, opening the door.

"It is dinner time." She replied smiling.

"You both have the dinner Mom. We both are kind of tired." I said, and she nodded.

"Who is it?" Jaan asked, getting up.

"Mom! But are you hungry?" I asked her.

"No! You sleep, and I will give you more massage." She replied sitting up.

"We will just sleep." I said, pulling her into my arms and drifted off into sleep.

"You are getting home really late from past one week. Is everything ok between you both?" Mom asked when I walked inside the living room.

"Of course Mom! Why would you think like that?" I asked her frowning.

"Nothing! We both are just scared that the happiness you got will be taken from you. We want you both to be happy." Dad replied.