Isn't That A Sign Of Feelings?

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch9: Isn't That A Sign Of Feelings?

"Who is he?" Elliot asks releasing my arm.

Sam is standing on the sidewalk, anger and disappointment all over his face.

Is it because I'm with Elliot?

"I need to talk to you," Sam says going up the stairs and grabbing my arm harshly.

"What's your problem?" Elliot exclaims attempting to get closer to Sam, but I stop him with my other arm.

"Leave us alone Elliot," I tell him pulling my arm free from Sam's hold "It's fine."

"Who is he?" Elliot asks glaring at Sam.

"Sam," I answer "he's a friend of mine Elliot. Now leave us alone please."

"No," he tells me and I glare at him.

Not the time to be stubborn!

"Leave," I say bitterly.

"Fine," he gritts his teeth and storms into the apartment building.

We stand starring at Elliot's disappearing figure for a few seconds.

"What's wrong?" I ask "why are you here?"

"Because you lied to me," he says trying his best to keep his voice down.

"What are you talking about?" I say confused "I've never lied to you."

"When I asked you if your mother had called you," he stands directly in front of me, his brown eyes filled with fury "you said yes, but you didn't tell me you went to go see her at the company."

Crap.

"How you find out?"

"It doesn't matter," he exclaims "you kept it from me. Everything I do all day is to keep you safe, but it's not going to work if you can't keep yourself safe. Going to the company was suicide and you knew that."

"I went in costume," I explain "I stayed away from any camera angle that could get my face. I took every precaution possible to keep myself safe Sam."

"Why did you go?"

"My mother told me it was an emergency about the company," I tell him "I was going to say no, but it's my dad's company Sam."

"Your dad is dead," Sam shakes his head "and nothing you do will bring him back."

"I know that," I yell "I know my dad's dead Sam. You don't have to remind me."

"Then help me understand why you went to the company?"

"Because while he was alive I never did anything to make him proud," I sit down "and when he died I was a failure. I am failure Sam and I thought that maybe if I did something for the company he would feel at least a little proud."

Sam takes a seat next to me wrapping his arms around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes "for reacting the way I did. I should have known you went in costume and that you can take care of yourself. It's just that I worry about you Lydia and the thought of anything happening to you makes me go crazy."

Oh Sam.

"I know," I grab his hand and look into his worrisome brown eyes "and I'm sorry I kept it from you. I was just scared that you would be angry."