Chapter 1: Returned

(UPDATED AUTHOR'S NOTE: 6/25/19)

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

Hi! Please, before you continue reading, keep in mind that this story is one of the first ever stories that I ever wrote in my life, back in 2014. It's been many long years since then, and I've drastically grown and improved as a writer. This story is not an accurate representation of me as a writer now. It's rough and cliche, written by a wide-eyed fourteen year old Jess who was dipping her toes into writing for the first time ever in her life. There was a period where I stopped writing this story, but for nostalgic purposes, finished the story over a year later. There is a shift in writing quality near the end of this story. 

Please be kind if you do continue reading this story. If you'd like a true representation about how I write, please do read any of my other stories up on my profile now. I keep this story up for nostalgic purposes, not because it's one of my best work. And it does show how much I've grown!

So, read at your own discretion. Thank you :)

* * *

*4 Years Ago*

"Macey!" I hear my mom call from downstairs. "The Chapmens are leaving, come say goodbye!"

Yeah sure. I'll come say goodbye to the soon-to-be famous actor/heartthrob.

It's bitter-sweet for me. Bitter because I have to lose my best friend, Adrian. Sweet because his dreams of becoming an actor is coming true and I'm happy for him.

"Coming!" I call back. I shut my laptop and head downstairs. The adults' laughter echoes throughout the whole house.

"Oh, Connie! I'm going to miss you so much!" I heard my mom say with a strained voice.

"Don't worry, Liz! We'll visit when we can!" Adrian's mom assured. At the end of the stairway I saw them clutching each other tightly with tears streaming down their face.

"Dave." My dad says holding out a hand.

"Scott." Adrian's dad says taking his hand and pulling him into a man hug.

I bite my lip hard to resist the tears. I don't want to see them go either, they're like my second parents. They took care of me when my dad and mom were late coming home. We spent many holidays with them too as well as many vactaions.

Connie and Dave turn towards my older sister, Emma, and give her a hug.

"Oh, Emma!" Connie cooed hugging her tight.

"Good lucky in college, Em!" Dave said patting her back.

"Thanks Connie, Thanks Dave. Tell Kelly I said hi! If she ever gets married soon you have to let us know!" Emma sniffed. Kelly is Adrian's sister and Emma's best friend in the whole world. Kelly's attending fashion school in NYC and will be moving to Hollywood once she graduates. She left a week ago so she could get settled in New York.

"Of course, sweetie!" Connie exclaimed bringing her into another hug and seeing me over her shoulder.

"Macey, dear!" Connie gasped motioning me over to her. I walked over to her as she pulled me into her arms, stroking my hair.

"We're going to miss you, Mace!" Connie sobbed.

"I'm going to miss you guys too." I squeaked. Now I couldn't hold the tears back. She pulled away and held my face in between her hands. "Don't you worry okay? We'll stay in touch and make sure our Adrian doesn't turn into a conceited snob!"