0.2

2. If a boy breaks your heart, it's okay to cry.

.

February 14, 2016. Age ; 17

Today was Saturday, February 14th. Aka, Valentine's Day.

I didn't have a significant other to share this day with, unfortunately. My sister, Aaliyah was hanging out with her friends, and I guess none of them would tell her what they were doing. Aaliyah was getting her hair done by my mum when I walked into her bedroom.

"Now, Liyah, you're eleven. No kissing any boys, you hear?" My mum said, chuckling a bit.

"Alright, mum." Aaliyah groaned, "I won't."

Mum was curling Liyah's hair, and it looked really pretty. She was dressed in black skinny jeans, a white teeshirt, and a dark blue and green flannel (which looked very similar to mine.)

About an hour later, mum drove Aaliyah to her friend's home, and I remembered something that happened quite recently.

I shouldn't have done it, but I did it anyways. Not saying I regret it, but I was snooping -- but Aaliyah does it to me all the time, so we're even now.

I overheard Aaliyah on facetime with her friend from school, I suppose it's the girl she was hanging out with tonight. She told her that she was about to tell her something, and that it was never to be told, ever again.

Aaliyah had her first crush.

I, being the protective older brother I am, went to do some dirty work. I was curious about this kid, so leave it to Instagram for doing most of the work for me.

Tommy Gardiner, a twelve year old kid who goes skiing a lot, and apparently enjoys going to waterparks.

I prayed and hoped that the kid was nice, and I'm sure Liyah would have him over. Unless of course I go to her school to pick her up one day and stumble across the two of them walking together, but why would I ever?

Aaliyah was too young to have a crush, too young to have a boyfriend! She was mature for her age though, but still. I did not want my eleven year old sister dating a boy.

She took her phone with her, obviously. I looked on snapchat, saw her story, and immediately shut my phone off not wanting to look at any more.

At eleven years old, I was still young and childish. Looking at Aaliyah, she acts like a teenager.

I walked downstairs, seeing as my parents were both seated in the kitchen eating freshly baked cookies.

"They taste good, mum." I said, feeling my phone's vibration through my back pocket, "Thanks."

She nodded, as I went off into the other room with my chocolate chip cookie, as I read the text that illuminated my screen.

From : Aaliyah

can u pick me up??? nOW.

I quickly typed back a 'yes, on my way now.' and told mum and dad I was headed to pick up Aaliyah. She's been there for about two and a half hours, and the only question I had was why did she want to be picked up? She loves hanging out with her friends.