26- Waiting

Alex’s head was reeling.  [Is life as an alpha of a larger pack always going to be this interesting and complicated?]

Cassy smiled at him, sneaking a glance at Dinah and Rudi dancing as if they were completely alone and not in the middle of a loud jumbling crowd.  She giggled; they were slow dancing to the most upbeat music that had been played tonight.  [No, it gets worse!]  She teased with a wicked smile, [but don’t worry, I’ll help.]  She let her hand travel up his chest to where his mark was, tracing the outline with one finger; making him shudder under her touch.

[Have I said recently how much I appreciate your … help?]  He inquired softly as he remembered her confession that morning about his mark.  How it pleased her to be mated to him; and he was just as grateful that Cassy belonged to him, and him alone.  Her desire for him was burning into his mind, not only her overwhelming scent, but the other signs on her body clearly displaying it to him; her darkening eyes, the way her breasts were straining against the fabric of her blouse, her quick breathing and the way her heart was pulsing.  All of it sent his mind reeling.  [I think we should go for a run tonight when we get home.]  He suggested tentatively.

Cassy sucked in a slow breath as she felt his scorching gaze caress her body.  How is it that she could still ache for him so?  Going for a run?  Blushing a bright red, she understood exactly what his intentions were and a ripple of anticipation flowed over her whole being at that thought.  Although it was not unheard of for shifters to mate in wolf form, it was not exactly a regular occurrence either.  But with as dominant as both their wolves were, it is entirely understandable that their needs be equally dominant.

[Do you promise to misbehave?]  She asked, coyly staring at him from under her eyelashes; making him catch his breath.

“Oh, yes; I plan to behave very badly tonight.”  He said out loud, dragging her up close to his body so that she could judge for herself exactly how bad he intended to behave before picking her up and moving on to the dance floor so that he had a valid reason for holding her so tight.

Swaying in his arms, Cassy saw that Lucinda-May had man-handled Ethan onto the dance floor where he now literary was flopping around like a fish out of the water.  But Lucinda-May was a clever girl indeed.  She stepped closer to him, turned around and took his one hand and put it on her hip, then she took his other hand and placed it on her other hip.  Then she took a step back towards him, her back touching his chest and in this way, she taught him a few simple steps.

“Clever girl, isn’t she?”  Alex whispered in her ear, “What are the chances that they are mates?”

“It is difficult to say.  We will only know for certain when one of them shifts for the first time.”  Cassy said thoughtfully.  “You know what?  It isn’t Lucinda-May that is clever, it is Ethan.  That little bugger does know how to dance.  Remember?  He was dancing with the other girls earlier tonight?”

Alex barked-laughed in surprise.  “Please remind me to never under estimate him like that again.”

It was just after two in the morning when they decided to call it a night.  Rudi had taken Alex’s number so that he could contact him in the morning after he had spoken to his parents and introduced them to Dinah.  Alex was not sure if Rudi’s father would prefer to contact Dinah’s pack and father himself, or if he would expect Alex to do that.  Once again Alex found himself irritated that this whole pack business had not been settled yet.  Things would be so much easier when everybody knew where they stood.

But either way, it sounded as if Rudi would be leaving with the girls and be coming back here seeing as Dinah had already finished school.  The girls would be taking it easy tomorrow, or actually today; and then they would leave just after breakfast on Monday morning.