Chapter Seven

Hello!

Lovely Readers..

**************

"She is Something"

"I love the way she smile, because it remind me of all the beautiful things God has made"

Derek's P.O.V

"If its not important then I am going to hang up on you," I said to Dean.

"Hello to you too..." Dean said with a cheerful mood.

"You sound...happy?" I questioned while doing my paper work which was scattered on my desk.

After working vigorously since the past 12 hours, I was completely exhausted and still had so much to do. My gaze fell on the papers and I sighed heavily.

"I am in no mood to talk to Dean. There's so much work on my desk right now."

"Well, okay dude. I'll make it quick. I want something in return of my favour..." Dean started in a confident tone but trailed off later.

"What favour?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion while putting the call on speaker and placing my phone on my desk.

"You forget so soon? I am talking about getting you the best 5th year associate." He said with admiration and contentment lacing his tone

"Oh! That certainly slips out of my head, considering when you should've handled my case." I said emphasising on you in the sentence.

"Stop whining." He said laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

"BTW, I want your...umm...your private jet," Dean stated.

"And why would I give that to you? You didn't even handle my case." I said smirking.
I was going to give him my jet, undoubtedly but I love messing with him, after all he is my Buddy.

"You better give me what I'm asking for, because Iris got every thing she needed for the settlement. Consider that you already won this case." Dean said, becoming a little serious.

"And beside I want that for my honeymoon." Dean continued.

"Then, in that case don't you think she is the one I owe something to, not you..." I stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"And what? You are planning your honeymoon on my private jet..?"I asked teasingly.

He sighed heavily, "Handle the formalities, dude. I am not taking no for an answer. I'll text you the details."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. "BTW what about the case? I mean seriously, this is out of the picture. Enlighten me about the progress, please." I demanded.

"Ah yes! As I have already told you and I repeat myself that I've brought the best one for you and she has everything such that the settlement would be in our favour. So, for now your so-called secretary can't go for the trial to the court. The papers Iris has prepared for the settlement has a clause that states that if she goes to any outside body after this settlement, she'd be sued by your attorney and would be subjected to heavy fine."

"Oh! Thank God." I sighed and layed back comfortably in my chair.

"Alright, and don't forget to make the arrangements of the flight." Dean said and then quickly hung up.

I smiled.

Thank God. Finally, I can feel the tension fading away and the burden on my chest being lightened. After almost a month, after her stupid accusation, I was sleep deprived. I couldn't think straight. It might sound stupid but the society where I live, a single news headline can change the course of my whole career. And I don't want to lose everything I have. I don't want to be the reason for the downfall of a whole empire my father had built. And most of all, if this thing gets to my Dad's, I would be so...dead.