Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"

*Cover made by @Noodle--Doodle

Have you seen BOSS UNDERCOVER? It's LIVE on Amazon for purchase! Also, if you haven't followed me on Instagram and my Facebook page, GO! GO! You don't want to miss the updates! It will be nice to see you there! Instagram: J.S.Badham Twitter: J.S.Badham1 Facebook Page: J.S.Badham.

If you buy BOSS UNDERCOVER! LEAVE A REVIEW! YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

IF YOU BUY BOSS UNDERCOVER OR HAVE, LEAVE A REVIEW ON AMAZON AND GOODREADS! YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME AND CRUCIAL! TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM! REMEMBER THIS IS BOOK ONE AND IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE OF READING IT ON WATTPAD. THE BOOK'S PLOT HAS BEEN CHANGED! YOU WILL NOTICE DRASTIC CHANGES IN PLACES!

Harper felt her eyes prickle with tears as the realisation started to sink in. James who was holding her shoulders from behind then he nestled closer into her neck before pecking her cheek. "Well?" He said. Harper sniffled wiping away a falling tear that fell down the cheek. "It's...b-beautiful. Did you do this?" She blabbered. James chuckled to himself. "You better believe it baby." Harper couldn't keep her emotions tucked away and all at once, they flooded out. James frowned meeting to face her. "What is it? Is it alright?" The actual concern upon his face. Harper nodded still blubbering as more tears of joy cascaded down. "It's perfect. I'm just shocked."

James sighed in relief, raking back his hair with his hand as he grinned. "If I had known it might have caused you to cry like this, I wouldn't have gone out to all this trouble." Harper giggled wiping away another tear before James tilted her chin upwards. "Besides anything for you Miss Daniels." Then softly pecked her lips, even though the temptation wanted more. Wiping the tears away from her cheek with his thumb he grinned his dashing smile. James had gone out to trouble for this, he had read a whole sloppy chapter even though that part of him wanted to run away; it was something he had just had never had to. Why would he? Now his own heart was beating away just being able to stand within the presence of this beautiful woman, this clumsy beautiful woman. Harper smiled, the red tint creeping upon her cheeks as he entwined his fingers through hers.

James tugged on her hand as he guided her over towards a table adjacent to large window. Clothed in silk and small candles as the centrepiece with rose petals scattered across the floor. It was the most romantic thing anyone had ever done for her. James wetted his bottom lip as she watched intently as Harper glanced around the room, he wouldn't be lying he was shitting with nerves hoping it was working. Yes he will admit he did a little help setting it up but the courage to do this came from him. Harper turned to face him, her hand still in his as she looked up to him. "This means so much to me. Thank you." She hesitated for a second before slowly leaning in to kiss his cheek. Her heart fluttered as she did so and only made the redness in her cheek deepened more. James smirked before guiding her to a seat, remembering the part in his head about being a gentleman helped push her chair in. A uncommon thing he did whenever he dated woman before, usually he just sat down not even bothering to help them to a chair, after all they were only were coming for the night, why need any table manners? Harper muttered a thank you however instead of James heading to his seat, walked off out of sight before returning with faint music playing in the background. Harper smiled in delight, slightly feeling even more nervous now as James joined sitting down opposite. So far everything James had set up was going as planned, the catering staff were in the kitchen and the woman before him only glowed making him feel nervous. For once.

"What is this place?" She asked, however in return James only held his finger against his lips in a shush motion before he startled her as he clapped his hands together. Entering from nowhere it felt to Harper, a waiter approached the table presenting a bottle of red wine before them.