Chapter II: Gary's Dilemma

Ugh, this was a terrible idea. And he caught me, too. Thanks for the bright idea, internet.

Gary hung his head, kicking rocks down the almost gravel streets Pallet Town. Wilted flower at his side, he didn't want to go home, so he made his way to the small pond located in the southwest corner.

He sat on the coast, dipping his feet in. Man, I don't know what I'm feeling... I hate hormones.

He picked up a small pebble and threw it hard into the water.

The boy got on his hands and knees and looked at his reflection in the water.

"Who even am I?" He asked the reflection.

Of course, the reflection didn't respond, but stared back at him.

"Hm."

Gary stood up and picked another daisy from the small flower garden.

"Okay... Here we go again."

~

"He loves me..."

~

"He loves me not..."

~

"He loves me..."

~

"He loves me not..."

~

"He loves me..."

~

He found himself on the last flower petal, unable to make that last move.

"He... He... Oh, there's no point in this. Stupid idea, anyways." He threw the daisy into the pond harder than he threw the rock, yet it still floated on the surface as if the wind had merely lifted it from a tree and rested it upon the bed of water. And there he left it, a daisy that had been loosened from all of its petals - all except one.

Should I read a book? Or maybe... No. I won't bother that Twerp again.Why do I always find my mind wandering toward him?

It was then that the brunette realized that he had been mindlessly walking to the house of the same boy he had been thinking about.

"Wha..?"

He shook his head and flushed a shade of pink again, turning the other way.

"What are you doing to me, Ashy-Boy?"

He thought for a minute, looking back at the house.

"You know, I don't even know, so why should you?"

He huffed and continued on his way.

I sure hope he wasn't in his kitchen, or else... You know, maybe I'll just check.

Gary peeked over his shoulder and looked through the window. I hope this isn't stalking...

Once the curtain blew out of the way by a strong breeze, he caught a full glimpse of the red hatted boy stuffing his face in some kind of a buffet his mom must have made him. He blushed when he realized how long he had been staring, but froze when the boy actually caught him.

Damn it, Gary! That's twice in one day! Two strikes!

He tried his best to pull on a mean face, and he began walking the other way, but he turned back around.