‡ Chapter 6.5 ‡

"It's almost midnight," Casper said, checking his silver Rolex watch.

My body was awkwardly wedged between Levi and Vamp. Her seductive leers at Levi were creepy because I wasn't sure if they were meant for me or him.

Likely him.

Eight of us were crammed in the elevator, and although I sensed everyone mentally complaining, Snapback was expressing her thoughts physically and verbally. "Stop touching!" she shouted at Goth Boy as they were squished within the corner. He wasn't even moving, but his wide shoulders kept bumping into her breasts. Shoving poor Goth Boy, he didn't say much and kept mute. "I said move!"

"Shut it, we're here," Cray grumbled. She gave him the finger, but accidentally shoved it up Goth Boy's nose.

"Stop running into me," she hissed, slapping Goth boy again.

I stifled a laugh with white ponytail girl, her I believe the normal one here. The elevator halted, and we piled out. A gust of wind blasted, and I nearly stumbled on the roof. "You okay?" Snapback asked.

She was the only one who stopped, and I nodded, smiling. "I'm fine," I found myself shouting above the wind.

Dropping behind the group, we approached the edge of the roof in silence. My breath was taken as I swallowed in the landscape. High above ground, I could see almost all of China. Bright neon lights flickered across the black ocean of shopping and residential areas. Sirens wailed from the distance and car honks screeched. The dark sky held millions of twinkling stars, the moon giving off enough light to see the entire roof.

It wasn't much, crinkling rocks under our feet and what seemed to be pipes that ran the building. I carefully stopped by the edge, cautioned of the fact there weren't safety railings. "Where are we?"

The wind dying down, Levi answered, "At Langdam Place, Hong Kong."

Snapback clapped her animated hands. "One of the biggest commercial skyscraper complexes and shopping mall!" she tinkered.

My backbone went a little stiffer. "Skyscraper?"

Fearless, Levi took a step forward, bending down to the alive city below. "Yes. Eight hundred thirty seven feet tall." He gave me a shrug. "Not much of a drop."

I gulped down the trembling waves of panic that rocked my abdomen. "Not much?" I gritted though my teeth.

"Please, fresh meat. We've jumped off of much higher buildings," Vamp drawled, rolling her emerald eyes. "Like the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. 2,717 feet tall. Now that was a fun drop."

An immediate upwelling of terror seized my system and I leaped a step back, grabbing onto Snapback's sleeve for support. "Did you just say jump? As in we're gonna-"

"Jump off of Langham. Yes," Casper confirmed, and glanced at his Rolex watch again. "Two minutes till midnight. The drugs will be affected soon."

"Jump?" I croaked. I suppressed the urge to dart to the elevator. You can do this, Jessie. I clutched the smooth hem of my shorts. Yeah right. The last thing I jumped off was the slide in the sixth grade. That resulted in a bruise to my left cheek, a bleeding nose, a swollen eye and nine scratches across my legs.

Now what would jumping off a skyscraper result into? Nothing good. Snapback ushered my frozen body beside Levi.

Casper decided to sandwich himself between Levi and I. "Sixty seconds!" Everyone else lined up except Snapback who stood behind us.

"Good luck! Don't get killed, okay?" she hollered in such a sweet tone. I envied her position at the moment. "Haja sangue!"

"What does that even mean?" I asked her.

Levi answered casually, "It means 'Let there be blood' in Portuguese." He laughed. "And no, we are not vampires," he added, reading my mind.

"Fifty seconds till drop off!" Casper reminded.

"We're just a bunch of Snipers who have a number of targets to hit tonight," Levi said, casting a mysterious smile. "And we don't plan on missing so don't fuck around." He removed two silver bracelets from his jacket and placed them onto his wrists, rubbing his thumb over both.

My heart sank, an immense amount of weight on my shoulders. I couldn't even hit the tennis ball on Wii Sports because of my terrible aim. "Here we go," I murmured and took a step forward. The wind suddenly battled against my neck, the cold chill sending my body into little shivers. Looking down, a sudden flash of panic woke my senses. "What are we even landing on? A big invisible trampoline? A pool full of fluffy unicorns?"

Millions of people were the size of ants as they swarmed the darkness below. It looked like they were crowding around for feeding time.

Cray hopped on the spot, clearly pumped by this terrifying stunt. "A gigantic dinosaur is gonna appear and catch us in it's mouth," his voice soaked with excitement. I almost took him serious for a moment.

"Forty seconds!"

I fixed my eyes at the death ending drop. "I'm serious. What's gonna catch us?" My hands grew moist. My feet tingled uncontrollably like the time when you're slowly descending on a rollercoaster. "I don't see anything!"

Levi pointed his finger, and I squinted, following the bronze indicator. "Maybe that guy will catch you," he teased.

"She'll crush him," Vamp snorted.

"Maybe she'll land on a fat guy," Cray quipped.

"Even if his big stomach catches her, he'll kick her ass because she squished his Cinnabon," Vamp said.

"Guys! You're frightening her!" Snapback shot, infuriated.

Levi broke into a smile. That's the point," he smirked.

I remained mute while pursing my lips, and clenched my balled fists. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Breath, Jessie. Breath.

"Ten!" Casper shouted, and bent his knees.

Vamp slid her knife between the strap hooked onto her leg. She crossed a mischevous look over Levi. "Now might be good time to tell your darling we'll be landing on nothing."

"Nothing?!" My heart pumped harder. I cocked my head. "Did she just say nothing?"

"I did, sweetheart," Vamp said. With a wink, she bent her knees, and dove head first, doing a beautiful spiral; her blonde curls swirled in the wind like ribbons of an acrobat.

I refrained from screaming and eagerly watched her become smaller and smaller until she disappeared into the darkness. I leaned forward. "Where did she go?"

"See you later, suckers!" Cray hollered and jumped, his clothes whipping viciously in the wind. White ponytail girl and Goth Boy weren't far behind.

"Good luck!" Snapback cheered, giving my arm a painful squeeze.

Casper gave us a short nod before saying, "See you in hell! Haja sangue begins!" and daringly went backwards.

The fear that slowly escaped earlier was now exploding in my system and I shook my head. My heart was pumping out of my chest, and my toes tingled from the dangerous height. "No-no-no. This is suicide! This is a death sentence! This is a-"

"Shut the fuck up," Levi grumbled.

My vicious retort never made it because a second later, his rough hands grabbed my shoulders, and shoved me off the skyscraper. Then the only sound audible was my blood curling scream.

†††

Damn. I would hate to get shoved off a skyscraper...

Comment if you don't get how the games work!

But hey, QUESTION! Would you play haja sangue?

Vote! COMMENT! Love you

xo Focker