Chapter 7: At the studio

I decided to go up to my room and write another song. I already asked my mom if I could be famous and she said yes.

I grabbed notebook paper and laid on my bed. It took me a while to think of lyrics but I finally thought of some.

*Firework* (A/N for every song that it says she wrote I know someone else wrote them all but pretend she did.)

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind wanting to start again? Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin like a house of cards? One blow from caving in. Do you ever feel already buried deep? Six feet under scream but no one seems to hear a thing. Do you know that there's still a chance for you? Cuz there's a spark in you.

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. Just own the night like the fourth of July. Cuz baby you're a firework. Come on show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh as you shoot across the sky-y-y. Baby you're a firework. Come on let your colors burst. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh. You're gonna leave 'em falling down-own-own.

You don't have to feel like a waste of space. You're original, cannot be replaced. If you only knew what the future holds. After a hurricane comes a rainbow. Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed. So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road. Like a lightning bolt your heart will blow. And when it's time you'll know.

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. Just own the night like the fourth of July. Cuz baby you're a firework. Come on show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh as you shoot across the sky-y-y. Baby you're a firework. Come on let your colors burst. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh. You're gonna leave 'em falling down-own-own.

Boom, boom, boom. Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon. It's always been inside of you, you, you. And now it's time to let it through.

Cuz baby you're a firework. Come on show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh as you shoot across the sky-y-y. Baby you're a firework. Come on let your colors burst. Make 'em go oh, oh, oh. You're gonna leave 'em falling down-own-own.

Boom, boom, boom. Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon. Boom, boom, boom. Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon.

*End of song*

I sang it over to myself and it sounded great. As I put my notebook away I heard clapping at the door. I looked over to the door and saw Justin.

"Great song."

"Justin? What are you doing here?"

"Your dad let me in. I came to talk to you."

"We were hanging out just an half hour ago. Why didn't you just stay?"

"I had to have dinner. Anyways, did she say yes?"

"Yeah. I can be famous."

"Great! In that case Scooter wants us at the studio tomorrow."

"Yeah, I know."

He kissed me on the cheek and said, "Well I better go. I'll pick you up so we can go to the studio at noon tomorrow. Okay?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Okay. See ya later beautiful." He hugged me tight and then when we released he leaned in and kissed me.

When we pulled away he waved and walked out. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. Shortly after I fell asleep.

• • • •

"Bye mom." I gave my mom a kiss before I headed out the door with Justin. My dad isn't home. Of course.

"Have fun." I walked out the door with Justin and we got in the car. He turned the radio on and one of my songs came on. I gave Justin a surprised look.

"What?" he asked.

"How is one of my songs on the radio?"

"Oh. Well yesterday when Scooter recorded you singing As Long As You're There he sent it to the radio station. Also, you're song is already a hit single on iTunes."

"What? Are you serious?" I asked shocked and happy.

"Completely."

"But I thought Scooter said I needed my parents permission first."

"After I left your house last night I called him and told him." I smiled as we pulled into the parking lot of the studio. Scooter ran outside and greeted us. Then we walked inside.

"So Becca, do you have any new songs?"

"Yeah, I do. A couple."

"Okay. Can you sing them real quick?"

"Sure, no problem." So I stepped into the sound booth. First I sang Firework, the one I wrote last night. When I finished Justin and Scooter looked impressed.

"Impressive. Now sing the next song," Scooter instructed.

"Okay. It's called Halo." (A/N actually written by Beyonce but pretend Becca wrote it.)

"Alright."

"Remember those walls I built? Well baby they tumbling down. They didn't even put up a fight. They didn't even make a sound. I found a way to let you in. But I never really had a doubt. Standing in the light of your halo. I got my angel now. It's like I've been awakened. Every move I had you making. It's the risk that I'm taking. Ain't ever gonna shut you out.

"Everywhere I'm looking now I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby I can feel your halo. You know you're my saving grace. You're everything I need and more. It's written all over your face. Baby I can see your halo. Pray it won't fade away."

I kept singing and having a blast with it. Scooter and Justin were looking at me and every once in a while Scooter would take notes.

I finally finished the song. I walked out of the recording booth and Justin put his arm around me.

"I'm so lucky to be dating you," he told me. That made me smile wide. "I love you."

"I love you too." We kissed and we didn't break apart for a while until we remembered Scooter was in the room. I blushed.

"Well JB, let's record some of your songs now!"