2

"Your eyes that look at me are filled with pity. In front of you, I seem smaller. I tried to be fine, though I had so much I wanted to ask you..."

~Monster - BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days passed, weeks passed. They kept him in that room for a long time, saying that they didn't want him to hurt himself. He wasn't stupid, they really just didn't want him to hurt anyone else, he'd noticed the cameras in the room a long time ago, they were watching him, they knew that day after day he'd just sit there, tugging at the edge of his shirt, or laying in the bed and just staring at the ceiling. They gave him nothing to do, nothing to look at, he had a lot of time alone with his thoughts.

There was no one to talk to, so he felt like he hadn't used his voice in forever, like he hadn't heard it since that first day. But he didn't want to talk to himself, not now, not anymore, not ever again. That would only prove that he was crazy, make them stuff more pills down his throat, and they already had him on enough that he was so calm it made him angry and frustrated inside.

It was another kind of containment, just other thing he had to swallow down.

Today was like any other day, just laying on the bed, waiting for breakfast, staring at the ceiling. He didn't know what time it was really, there were no windows, there wasn't a clock, there was no way to tell, but he judged it by what food they'd give him. It was all things he wouldn't need a utensil for, because they didn't trust him or something, but he could still tell breakfast food from dinner food, they didn't believe in lunch for whatever reason. Which was upsetting because he looked forward to the meal times, even if at the same time they'd make him take those pills.

When the white door opened, he sat up, expecting the usual nurse, the one who said she liked Taehyung's eyes.

It wasn't the usual nurse. It was a man in a white coat. He was the head doctor, and had been the one to help lead the police to put him in this room. Taehyung had never learned his name, but he never forgot his face, or those spectacles that made his eyes look bigger then they were.

"Hello, Kim Taehyung." He said, Taehyung remained silent. Where was the usual nurse? He didn't like this doctor, didn't like him at all, every time Taehyung acted the least bit excited, he'd increase the dosage of his medication, and the medication made him feel like a zombie.

Taehyung looked down at his legs, not sure where else to look so he wouldn't look at the doctor or look like he was staring off at nothing. The doctor regarded staring off at nothing as a sort of insanity, another reason to give him more pills.

"I'd like you to meet someone." The doctor said, opening the white padded door a little wider, the door creaked in response.

Taehyung looked up. At the sight of new people, regular people, people who weren't doctors, or nurses, or orderlies, or police officers--Taehyung almost smiled, but stopped himself, just saying, "Hello." His voice felt like it echoed around the room, filling the silence.

He studied the two people in the doorway, one being a guy with a sleeveless button up shirt and a snapback, his eyes dark, and his hair darker, his bare arms only showing off muscle. There was a girl he was holding back behind him, her hair was short like a boy's, and she was wearing boy-ish clothes, but Taehyung could tell she was a girl. One, was because of her face, it was heavenly, and two, was because of her chest. She wasn't really busty, but it was enough to notice. Taehyung found himself staring and hoped no one had noticed when he looked back to the doctor.

"You've been a very good boy, Taehyung, we want to recondition you to society, do you know what that means?" The man in the white coat asked, speaking to Taehyung as if he couldn't possibly understand anything, like a baby, or a dog, or some inanimate object.