Chapter 14 - Please Stay

The reads I'm getting are amazing. Thank you guys so much. Truly means the world.

Corrine

We got back to headquarters, and everyone was asking me to come drink with them, or get tattoos, or something else bizarre. Hardly anyone here even knew my name a few hours ago.

While everyone was distracted in the Pit, I discreetly walked away, walking through the now familiar corridors. I climbed the stairs to Eric's apartment and knocked softly a few times. When he didn't answer after, I started to walk away. But as my hand touched the railing for the stairs the door swung open.

"What are you doing here? Did anyone see you?" He questions as he pulls a black shirt over his torso.

"No. I snuck away. You didn't stay earlier...I thought you would be happy." I looked down at my feet.

"I am. I just..don't lose well." He stands to the side so that I can walk inside. I quickly slip passed him into the apartment.

I notice a lot of things knocked over and broken, dents in the walls that I don't remember being there before.

"What happened in here?" I asked.

He runs his hands through his hair in frustration. Groaning and pacing the room.

"I don't know what to do with my anger sometimes okay? I can't make it stop. So I break things and hit them until it stops." He tells me through clenched teeth.

I watch him, and I see that small trickles of blood are running off of his knuckles.

"You're hurt." I step towards him and he steps away farther.

"I'm fine. Please don't touch me."

"Eric, please let me help. I'll clean you up and I'll leave if you want. Just let me help."

"I don't want your help, Corrine."

"Too bad." I walk passed him and into his bathroom, grabbing a rag and wetting it in the sink.

When I walk back in, he's leaning against the counter, I walk over to him quickly, not giving him a chance to disagree with me again. He keeps backing up until he's pushed into the corner.

"Stop it Corrine, I'm fine, really." He says. I roll my eyes at him, taking his hand and lifting it so I can see the cuts. I bite my lip as I look at all the small gashes in his skin.

I carefully wipe the rag across the cuts. Eric doesn't move, he only watches me, his eyes never leaving my face as I concentrate on cleaning him up.

"Why are you doing this?" He asks, his voice rough.

"Because I care about you." I say quickly. My cheeks flush.

He puts his fingers under my chin, bringing my eyes up to his, the rag I hold in my hand stills against him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't stay or tell you how well you did. I've told you Corrine, I'm horrible at this." His fingers slide up my jaw and my eyes involuntarily close.

I take a chance, and slide my hand over his chest and over the place where his heart is beating.

"This tells me differently. You've never had anyone care about you too, I get it, Eric. But I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to make you believe me." I whisper to him.

"I missed you, baby." He leans in close, his tall from towers over me but he presses his forehead to mine. And I can't help but smirk at the cheesy nickname.

"I missed you as well. The weeks are going by so slowly."

"It's half way over." He lightly presses the palm of his hand to my brining cheek.