Chapter 5: Pay Up Boys

Sasori's p.o.v

Another day in the Akatsuki... it was growing onto me, I was used to being in my own solitude. I made no progress to interact with these people. There is no reason to associate with them. We're here to work.. not make friends. 

With every moment spent in this organization, I've grown to deplete any human emotions, for I am now a puppet. But even the most coldest of hearts cannot remove the love for a sibling. Everyday... I wish I could tell Hajime that I am sorry for leaving unexpectedly and to beg for his forgiveness. From what I hear around Suna, my baby brother is highly praised for his work. 

Despite being happy for him, I can't help but feel that because of me.. he didn't grow up with a normal childhood that I wanted for him to have. My defect probably ruined him, mentally. I smiled to myself at the thought of my brother. 

I remember that he would follow me everywhere holding my hand. Days like this makes me wish I can go back in time just to relive it. Well, hopefully I'll get to see Hajime from afar. I was going to meet with the men I have staking out in Suna. I needed to know the latest news of what's going on there. I was already near Suna. I was just in the outskirts of it. 

I was in no rush to reach the village, but I was quite eager to see my brother again after so long and see how he's doing. I reach the gates of Suna and the men began to threaten me. However, I broke the seals on their mind, allowing them to remember who I was. 

"What is the latest news...?" I asked.

"Nothing interesting going on in the village, but we do have news about your brother." one of the men said.

"Proceed..." I said.

"Well, for starters, he no longer resides in Suna." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"The Kazekage thought it would best for him to clear his mind, so he thought of allowing Hajime to live in the Leaf temporarily, or permanently." he said. 

"I see... and what is it that he does there?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Not quite sure, I think he's just there to actually BE a child, instead of a shinobi."

"Anything on when he'll return or visit Suna?" I asked.

"No, sir, nothing yet." 

"Hm... alright then, dismissed." 

I resealed their minds causing them to blackout. They'll wake up in a few minutes, so I should take my leave. I began to walk back to the hideout feeling a bit dejected. I was really hoping to see my little brother. But to get in the Leaf, I'd need Itachi's help.. and I'll be damned if I ever tell him about my situation. I could also ask Orochimaru, but I don't know how I feel about his vibes. 

I sighed heavily and watched the sand beneath my feet as I walked. It is as if I write his name in this sand hoping to see him.. but just like the wind here, it'll only cover up my writing making my hope useless. And just like that, I am alone once again.

Hajime's p.o.v

"Pay up Naruto, you made a deal!" I said. "You too Iruka-sensei!"

Naruto began to pout as Iruka sighed. It's not my fault that they made this deal with me. They were desperate, and it worked for me, since being manipulative overpowers the desperate. 

"Do I really have to pay?" Naruto whined. "I mean you have Iruka-sensei!"

"Are you backing out from your word?" I said sounding hurt. "You'll be a terrible Hokage if you lie about your words."

"W-What?! N-No! That's not what I mean at all!" Naruto said sheepishly as he waved his hands. "What I meant to say was, how many are you getting?"

"I don't eat much, so not that many. Be happy that I don't eat ramen like you, Naruto." I said.

"Gee... thanks." he deadpanned.

"Here you go Hajime!" Teuchi said, handing me my bowl of ramen.

Naruto hungrily stared at my bowl as I broke off my chopsticks.

"This isn't fair!" Naruto whined. "At this rate, I won't be able to have my own bowl of ramen for the next week!"

"Sounds like a problem between you and your wallet." I said as I began to eat.

Naruto slumped his shoulders. "You don't have to be so mean about it..."

"Uh.. not to ruin the mood or anything, but if Naruto is paying for today, why am I here?" Iruka asked sheepishly.

"You're paying for my takeouts when I'm finished eating this... that is why you are here sensei." I said taking another bite.

Iruka sighed as I smiled devilishly to myself. 

"As long as you don't eat like Naruto, I think my wallet will be safe." Iruka said.

"I may not eat as much as him, but I sure love taking food home, sensei." I said.

Iruka began to twitch a bit after hearing that, which made me quite surprised about his behavior. He was like a child... a responsible child, if that makes any sense.

-----------

After I had finished my ramen, I made Iruka pay for four beef ramen noodles. I didn't want to overburden him. To see Iruka frowning from his deal is satisfying enough. I quietly made my way to my apartment. It was getting dark out, but I was in no rush. It's nice to take walks in the dark, well not too late.. even in the most secured villages, there are dangerous civilians here.

"Hajime-kun!" a voice shouted. "Is that you?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned to the sound of pattering feet. It was the long haired blonde girl in my class, Ino. I don't really like her, but I don't dislike her either. 

Ino caught up to me and smiled.

"Where are you going Hajime-kun?" she swooned.

"Home.." I replied. "You should get going as well Ino. It's not safe at night."

Ino gushed at my words as she squealed. "You care for my safety! How romantic!"

"I only care because I don't want to be assigned on a mission to come looking for you." I said.

Ino's looked as if her heart had shattered, but it's not like it affects me anyway. 

"Come, I'll walk you home." I said.

"You will!" she exclaimed happily.

I nodded my head. "It'll look bad on my reputation if I was last seen with you and you happened to be missing." 

She sweat dropped. "Thanks..."

"Lead the way."

Ino began to walk as I closely followed her. She seemed a bit troubled... nervous even. I looked at her weirdly but didn't bring it up. She soon stopped after ten minutes of walking and it seemed to look like a flower shop.

"You live here?" I asked.

"Yup!" she said. "It's our home, and our business!"

"Nice..." I commented. "Well, I'm taking my leave now, goodnight Ino."

"Goodnight Hajime-kun!" she said blushing. "Thank you for walking me home."

"You're welcome."

I took my leave from her place and began to walk in the direction of my apartment. 

'Was I a bit too harsh on her? Maybe not... I don't know, girls are hard to read.'

???'s p.o.v

"So that's the Suna boy who just moved here?" I mumbled to myself. "How interesting.. I'll keep tabs on him and see how his progress will go."

I stayed in the shadows as I watched the young boy continued to walk away before he fully disappeared from my line of sight. 

'Soon...'