Chapter 13

Clayton's POV

I watch Rose play with her new doll she got from 'Santa' aka her mom.

She pretends to feed the baby a bottle of milk and then burps it. Watching her with that doll makes my wolf excited for when she is old enough to have a kid.

She carries the baby doll over to me and tells me to hold it. I take the doll from her and hold it in my arm, she just shakes her head.

"You're holding her wrong!"

I chuckle, "Oh." I say as she shows me how to hold the doll. She then smiles when I get it right.

"I can't wait until I can have a daughter one day!" She cheers, I laugh, "What about a boy?"

"I like baby girls more." She tells me before Alexa runs over to us, "Rose, let's go sledding!"

"Okay!" Rose says before giving me a smile and running off with Alexa.

I shake my head at the two girls that love Christmas and winter.

"Clayton." I hear a voice say, I turn around to see my third in command, Chase.

He pauses and starts laughing, "Why are you holding a baby doll?" I look down at my arms and saw I still had Rose's doll.

I laugh and set it down on a table next to me. "Anyways, I was going to tell you I found my mate." He beams.

"That's great Chase." I tell him, curious to why he is telling me though.

"But, uh.. She's a rogue.." I snap my head to look at Chase.
"A rogue?"

He nods his head yes before asking nervously, "Would it be okay if she joined the pack?"

I let out a sigh, I know what it feels like to have finally found your mate, so I suppose his mate can stay.

"Okay. BUT - if she does anything wrong I will kill her and if you try to protect her, you will die too."

He bows his head slightly before hurrying off.

I look around at my pack members that are inside the house. Most of them have their mates and a family of their own; makes me kind of jealous because my mate doesn't even know she's my mate.

I then feel as if someone punch me in my right side, but nobody did so I know something happened to Rose. I bolt out the door and follow her scent behind the house to a small hill. I look down the hill and see Rose laying on the ground next to a tree as Alexa helps her up. I hurry down the hill and pick Rose up off the snowy ground.

"Are you okay? What happened!" I ask as I examine her for any injuries.

"I'm okay, I just didn't steer my sled far enough to the left so I hit this tree." She says pointing to the tree standing next to us.

I've started to feel more towards Rose, I can feel all her pain and sometimes her happiness, which means the mate bond is getting stronger and soon I won't be able to resist her.