Chapter 15

The next morning, I still felt like I got punched in the stomach and I was so glad that I didn't have to get up early and attend my classes. When I did manage to wake up, it was nearly ten o'clock and Carlos was walking about the room.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. I figured you'd needed the rest after that little upset," he stated fixing his shirt as he got changed from the night before. He changes outfits so often and they're always something new. I bet their closet is ninety-five percent Carlos's space and Jay just had the other five percent for sleeveless shirts and leather jackets.

"No, it's alright. Why don't you go down to breakfast? It's almost over and I don't need you to wait for me. I'm probably not going to eat anyways," I told him as I dragged myself out of bed.

"Sounds good to me, are you feeling better though?" He asked as he grabbed the basket that was still full of sweets. Just looking at it made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm just going to stick to light foods for today, you can keep all that. Don't get yourself sick like I did," I told him giving him a pat on the back as I was making my way to the bathroom and he was heading out of the room.

"Thank you Ria, I had a great time. I mean it too. You make me really happy," he stated giving me a big hug and I could tell he meant what he said.

"You make me happy too," I responded kissing his cheek right before he left.

After he was gone, I went into Ben's bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like death himself. How could Carlos be attracted to something like this? Bad first date number five. This seriously has to be record or something. Nothing was worse than my date with Charlie Charming, Chad's younger brother. There's a reason I haven't mentioned him, just thinking about our first date gives me the chills. It's honestly like a war flashback to me.

Anyways, I got ready for the day changing into a different pair of clothes that I brought the night before and got myself not looking like I just woke up from a thousand year nap. Trust me, there is no way that Aurora looked as beautiful as they say she did. After I made myself presentable, I made my way down to the mess hall where Carlos was in line getting his food. I spotted Evie sitting with Mal and Ben almost finished with their breakfast. I made my over to them as I saw Ben smiling brightly at me, he probably thinks it went wonderful even though it didn't.

"So Maria, how did your first date go with Carlos? Was your night magical?" Ben questioned and I just sighed sitting down.

"I threw up. I'm cursed," I mumbled as Evie looked shocked.

"Please tell me it was in the sink..." Ben responded hoping not to go into his room to see that mess.

"Toilet. I guess having the candy idea wasn't the most well thought out plan. Seriously, can we have the fairy godmother take a look at me? Shouldn't she be able to detected if I'm curse," I complain still feeling like crap and I'd probably feel that way for the rest of the day.

"I can tell you, you're not cursed. Fairies can't be cursed. I'm pretty sure it's like a rule or something," Ben replied and I put my head on the table letting out a frustrated groan.

"Mal, god bless your soul. If Ben doesn't drive you up a wall, I don't know what will. Let me guess, Mal's a dragon?" I asked Ben and he shook his head.

"No, Mal is a lovely and beautiful girl that happens to be my girlfriend. You know who calls people dragons? Dragons, I'm literally so blind you've been a dragon all this time!" He exclaimed getting a smile out of me.

"Wait, why do you think you're cursed? I mean, it was two bad dates and the story you told with Ben wasn't that bad," Evie asked and I explained to her the other three dates I went on with guys that completely ended in a nightmare. "Yeah, I think you might be cursed."