You're doing things to me

Happy Birthday kri! Xoxo this chapter is for you (:

NAOMI'S P.O.V

I know I'm not supposed to fall for Ray but i can't help it. He's always been the only guy sticking up for me. Even when everyone was gone.

If he hadn't decided to share the dorm i dodn't know what i would have done. I really didn't want to burden my mum. But I know she keeps all her problems to herself.

She still hasn't gotten over dad. She believes he's just got something to do and they'll be back together one day. It's not like i can't hear her cry herself to sleep on somedays.

I tried talking to her many times to move on but she wouldn't budge. She said it's more than love that they shared.

Soon i gave up hope that she'll move on and let her be. This issue is basically the only thing that causes me and my mum to argue. We are both very close. She's been the one to make sure i didn't crumble when Dad left us. I was only 2 years old when he left. I barely knew how he looked like.

"Mimi, anything wrong ?" asked Ray, concern all over his features.

"No-..Nothing" i said pressing a fake smile onto my face.

It looked like he didn't buy my excuse but he didn't push me further. I looked into his blue eyes. They were still speckled with gold. Only Ray, i thought he is the only guy who could have eyes like a masterpiece itself.

"Don't look at me like that" he whispered his hot breath fanning against my cheek.

"I can't stop" i replied, mesmerised.

He made me squirm under his gaze and i felt like i was under a spell.

"Stop" he slowly whispered. But i knew he didn't mean what he said.

"Can't, won't" i replied.

"You're doing things to me" he purred as he still stared at my eyes.

His voice made my spine tingle. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I slowly got up and walked away. I can't be around him. I'm vulnerable. I can't fall for him. He doesn't like me back. I'm just going to get hurt.

"I'm going to take a shower." I hollered to him and closed my room door.

After a cold shower, i finally calmed my nerves and felt fresh and awake. I walked towards Ray. He was sitting on the sofa. Staring straight at the tv. Some tele-shopping channel was going on. I knew he was pissed at me for just walking away like that. He wasn't even watching. He was just thinking or ignoring me.

"Hey." I said hoping to break the tension.

"Hey? What was that Naomi?" He asked sounding demanding.

I flinched hearing him say my full name. Like he spat out something. He never called me that, well at least he didn't use to. Not in that way of course.

"Im sorry. I just can't." I replied honestly.

I don't know what we are. I'm not going to dig a deeper hole for myself. I need to adjust to the new school. My new life. I can't mess up an old friendship.

I don't want to lose that.

I don't want to lose us.

"Forget it" he said. Like he suddenly changed his mind.

I decided to drop the topic, i really didn't want to argue with Ray. Besides I'm at his dorm.

"You don't have to worry about classes yet. The first week is like a adjusting week kind of thing. So the new comers can get used to the school. Lessons only start next week." He said bringing his hand to the back of neck.

"Great! I'm already loving it here!" I exclaimed.

I ploped down next to him and took the remote from the white coffee table and changed the channel. The tele-shoping channel was not of my interest. Finally the tv landed on a tv show being telecasted.

*click*

NOW WATCHING: TEEN WOLF S3

I settled in and started to watch. Wow this show was intense. They were all trapped in a school. And it was dark and something was in there with them. Suddenly I felt something stare at me. I looked to my left and Ray was just staring at my face.

"What? Is there a bug on my face?!?!" I asked paniced. I quickly swatted the air around me.

"No, its nothing. Just thought you were scared of wolfs." He finished.

Two words i said "Mom and Therapy"

He looked at me with a small excited smile on his face. "You went for thrapy to get over your wolf fear?" He asked.

"Yea...it was so awkward. But I'm sorta over it. I mean wolf's are animals too and they're part of nature" i said smiling.

I can't believe he remembered my fear. I mean that was so long ago. It touched my heart. I gave another smile and turned my head to watch the tv show.
Ray was smiling too.