❀26- The News

HYERI'S P.O.V

I held onto the empty lunch box in front of me as I walked down the streets towards home.

Ever since he moved into the hospital... I didn't want anyone else walk with me home anymore. All I wanted was for him to be with me, to walk me home, but I know that wouldn't happen again.

I sighed, and thought about what happened earlier.

I smiled to myself as I thought of how he reacted when I made the sushi for him.

He was surely kind to still eat it even though he knew it tasted horrible.

Everything he does, I've been taking note of, and maybe that's why, after seeing myself now, he was really changing me... for the better.

The evening breeze blew softly, clearing my hair away from my face, causing me to look up at the sky. Light pinkish and lavender colored clouds drifted above, and that made me gaze up at it's beauty.

I smiled at it, and took in a deep breath.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring.

I took it out from my front pocket and saw the caller ID was mother.

Without hesitating, I quickly answered the phone.

"Yeh omma?"

"Hyeri-ah... there's trouble at the hospital. Taehyung... he's in the emergency room."

...

......

........!

"Hyeri? Hyeri-ah?? Are you listening?"

My hand went limp, and I drew the phone away from my ear, staring afar into the distance as emptiness filled the void in my head, and numbed my heart.

It's not happening. It's not true. It's a dream.

It's only a dream... in reality.

Out of no where, a flash of anger rushed in me, and I finally reacted.

"Taehyung you bastard!"

I screamed loudly, scaring by passers around me, and turned towards the hospital's direction, and ran.

This was the first moment in my lifetime that than I had ever ran so fast, and so quickly. The adrenaline in my veins helped me not feel tired, and I only concentrated on seeing him.

Bumping though people in the crowd, I didn't hear their remarks at my carelessness.

Though I wasn't careless. I too focused in the way ahead to care for anything.

When I finally arrived at the hospital and ran straight into the emergency office, I was in a rush, and I didn't care to check into the front desk, and ran straight towards the elevator, causing much distress as people began to take notice.

"Miss!" I heard security call out, but I didn't care.

Pressing all 3 of the elevator buttons, I tried to wait for them to open, but it took too long.

I turned and ran towards the door leading to the stairs. Without a moment to spare, I ran up the stairs, taking 3 steps each time towards level 8... where his floor was.

"She's running upstairs!" I heard the security yell as they began to run up the stairs, chasing after me.

With each breath I took, I endured the pain in my legs and finally reached level 8, and opened the door and rain down the hallway.