Filler Chapter

A'leah

"Jamal LaBranch has a warrant out for his arrest. He's been on the run for months now." The detective informed us.

"Damn." August mumbled.

He excused himself and left the room. I sighed and continued to listen to the officer.

"I'm just scared for my safety and my family's." A'laysia sniffed.

As soon as we got to the station, A'laysia told her story in full, explicit detail. Apparently she'd been to the police station plenty of times before but was too afraid to tell her story and press charges.

"Excuse me for one second." I said to the detective.

I excused myself and left the interrogation room, searching for August. He was sitting on a bench near the restrooms. I sighed and made my way over to him.

"Leave me alone Leah, i'on wanna talk right na'." He mumbled.

"Baby what's wrong with you?" I asked, sounding concerned.

"Nun. I'm aight."

"Lie again."

"Ain't nobody lyin' Leah."

"August Anthony Alsina. Tell me what's wrong, right now." I demanded.

"I jus'...can't believe my brotha would do some crazy shit like that. Raping innocent women, robbin' them and shit. Seeing those pictures of the victims jus'..i'on kno'. I refuse ta' have something happen ta' my family. I'd die first befo' I'd let sumn happen ta' y'all A'leah. Maybe we could post pone our vacation and wedding until everything gets straightened out." He explained.

"I couldn't agree with you more baby. All of that can wait. I just want all of us to be safe." I said.

"Me too. Mel watchin' over us and I kno' he gone protect us. I'm jus' afraid ta' see how my mama gone react to this. All she ever wanted fa' her kids was ta' get out the hood and make something of ourselves. It seems like only me, Netia, and Travis doin' what she asked." He sighed.

"I know baby. Now that I think about it, when I took Mason to see Giselle in rehab Jamal was there. I don't know if he was seeing somebody or if he was a patient. Maybe he needed help or something."

"Maybe. After his dad left, Travis used ta' say he took it real hard. I guess my mom cheated on their dad and had me."

"I never knew that. Jamal, Travis and Netia look more alike. You just look like your mom." I smiled.

"I'a kno'. Better thank her for creatin' my sexy ass." He smirked.

"Don't get cocky string bean." I laughed.

"Always bussin' on me. Don't say nothin' when I'on break you off nun."

"Nooo babe I'm sorry!" I pouted.

The detective made his way over to us with A'laysia and an officer following behind him. I held August's hand and rested my head on his shoulder.

"As you know Jamal LaBranch has a warrant out for his arrest and has been on the run for the past couple of months. We may have spotted him just a couple miles from here. Officer Vercetti is going and another officer is going to escort everyone home and stay with you until we have Mr. LaBranch in custody." The detective explained.

"Oh my god..I'm going into labor!" A'laysia yelled.

Fluid from between her leg splattered onto the floor as she held onto the second officer. My eyes widened.

"I'll rush her to the hospital, someone contact her family please." The officer said.

"A'leah c-ccall Q-Quamir!" A'laysia cried.

"I don't think I should." I said.

"Go ahead baybeh." August replied.

I took A'laysia's phone and called Quamir up. The officer carried A'laysia out the station. I was about to hang up but Quamir picked up on the fourth ring.

"Laysia whatchu want. Shit..I'm b-busy." He groaned.

"Your sister is in labor, meet her at Atlanta Meds. Bye." I said before hanging up.

"Let's get you two home. I'll trail you to your house since you both brought separate vehicles." Officer Vercetti said.

I nodded and gave him A'laysia's phone. August and I walked out of the police station hand in hand. Blood splattered on me as. I let out a high pitched scream seeing August on the ground with blood gushing out his chest.

Shots were being fired as I hovered over him, not caring about what was happening around me.

"B-Baby..s-sstay with me!" I cried, not caring that I was covered in his blood.

I got behind him in lifted him up, patting his face. Blood was gushing out of his mouth. I held him in my arms, trying to get him to stay with me.

"Somebody call a fucking ambulance! He's been shot!" I screamed.

My vision was blurry so I could barely see anything around me. I ripped August's shirt off and wrapped it around the middle of his chest to stop the bleeding.

"LaBranch is down! We need a medic now!" Officer Vercetti yelled.

"Baby stay with me! We're g-gonna get you to a-a h-hhospital."

I wiped my eyes with my arms and saw that August's eyes were closing. I smacked his face a couple times trying to get him to keep them open. I'll be damned if he leaves me...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a filler chapter! Something to keep you all on edge until I update again.

A'laysia is in the MM! (I know she's not pregnant but just imagine the girl portraying her is)

1) Did A'laysia set August and Leah up?

2) Who shot August?