Chapter Nine

A little more than two and a half weeks has passed, and Dipper had been trying to push the argument he had with Bill out of his head. Fortunately, neither of them ever brought it up again, but that didn't mean they didn't think about it.

The two still didn't have a very good relationship, but Bill and Mabel seemed to be making progress together. They actually liked each other's company, unlike Dipper and Bill.

Mabel wanted to change that, but knew it would be a difficult process.

Stanley and Stanford were still very suspicious of him and didn't like him at all.

Wendy and Soos tried their best to avoid him, but that was impossible.

...

"Maaaabeeeel! Bill's terrorizing Waddles and Gompers again!"

"I am not!"

"Oh, really? Why are they huddled in the corner of the room, terrified, then?"

"Don't ask me! I don't know!"

"Bill, you literally just chased them around the room!"

Dipper and Bill's argument was cut off when Mabel ran into the room and loudly cleared her throat.

She found Dipper lying on his bed, looking as if he had been trying to read a book. Meanwhile, Bill sat on the floor like a little kid. Dipper was expecting him to most likely say "it wasn't me" or "I didn't do it", just like a little kid who just stole a cookie from the kitchen would...

Dipper really thought Bill was a child stuck inside a demon, that was stuck inside a human body.

Mabel's head turned to a corner of the room where Gompers and Waddles were trying to hide. She walked over and patted both of them on the head and picked up Waddles. She would've picked up Gompers too, but he was way too heavy.

"Bill, what did I say about scaring Waddles and Gompers?" Mabel calmly asked him.

Bill muttered something about that they were living creatures too and didn't deserve to be treated as lesser than them. Dipper thought it was stupid, but was glad to see that Mabel had some kind of authority over him.

Mabel smiled at him before she announced, "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot to tell you guys that the girls are going to come over tonight!"

Dipper groaned. He wasn't in the mood for a sleepover. He already had to deal with Bill.

"Hey," Dipper then realized something. "This will be the first time they meet Bill, right? Do they know who he actually is? If not, we're absolutely lying to them."

"Sorry, bro bro, but I already told them about Bill," Mabel told him. "Thought I'd save you the effort of explaining the entire situation and went ahead and did it myself!"

Dipper thought it was sweet of her, but knowing Mabel, she probably made the entire situation sound very pleasant and nice... That annoyed him.

"But that means you boys have to be on your best behavior. No fights, and especially no terrorizing my pets again."

Bill frowned, but gave a her a nod of acknowledgement.

The three then heard a couple of knocks on the door downstairs.

Mabel squealed in excitement, "There here!"

She put Waddles down, turned around, and ran downstairs. Bill and Dipper exchanged uncomfortable glances before they got up and calmly followed where she had went.

The two stopped at the top of the stairs and watched Mabel happily greet Pacifica, Grenda, and Candy. The other girls returned the favor.

After a moment, the group of girls looked up at the top of stairs where Bill and Dipper were.