Chapter Fifteen

Ever since what happened a few days ago, I've been on edge, completely freaking out if I'm surrounded by a group of people or if I see anyone looking at me in a weird way. I even asked Kelly if she could set up a baby cam near Drew at all times just so I could see him whenever I could get out of class. Isaac has been throwing me questions ever since the day started, I let Drew and Vi sleep in bed with us tonight which made Isaac already start suspecting that something was going on but I shrugged him off saying I just wanted to snuggle with them a little longer when in reality, I wanted them as close as I could.

Any little noise sent me junking a foot in the hair, completely on edge since last night.
Today we have study hall for first period, as soon as Mr. Noels dismisses us to do as we please I bolt out of my seat next to a startle Isaac and get away from all the wondering students talking about who knows what with their friends, laughing down the hall as I pull my hood up and try to reach for my destination. I stroll into the familiar room, stacks of books greeting me with silence and old book smell. I sigh in relief when I don't see anyone I know and strut my way to the last table in the far back plopping my bag on the a floor and get settle. I look around the library with the bright sun shining through the tall window taking up the whole wall facing the front of the school, the sun ray warming my skin as I pull out my old algebra book. Cracking it open to the assigned page and get to work on these ridiculous questions with music blasting in my left ear only so if someone is approaching I can still hear with my right. Throughout the hour, I dedicate all my focus to each problem carefully, making sure not to get the wrong answer.

"Julianna?" a hush whisper interrupts my focus. Why does math always want to solve for x and y? I mean if you have an x don't ask y. Haha, see what I did ther-never mind.

I look up and peer at Luke through my glasses. He's standing behind the chair across from me, his tight fitted sweatshirt clinging to his muscular arms crossed across his chest with worry taking over his features . His hair is in its usual quiff, a strand falling to his forehead giving him a greaser vibe reminding me to grab The Outsiders DVD before leaving.

"Yes?" I close my math book all to joyfully. Luke takes it as a good sign and pulls the chair back the chair across the table and takes a seat, his eyes never wavering.

"Everybody is looking for you." I look around the almost deserted library, only seeing a girl in a cute floral midnight length dress with curly strawberry blond hair, wandering in the romance section while shooting a glance at Luke's direction before loosing sight of her. There's a boy sitting across the room, his nose buried in a history book and lastly the nicest librarian you. will ever know.

"Well, here I am." I reply nonchalantly, shrugging my hoodie covered shoulders and lean back trying to get comfortable for a lecture coming any minute now. Luke and I agreed not to tell anyone of what we saw that night, we knew Isaac would go in a ballistic rampage and Jared would probably call the SWAT team while Caleb and Nick install security cameras and alarms around every inch of the house. I didn't want to freak them out if we still didn't know what we were dealing with, so I'd rather not burden them with this on their shoulders, especially since they have a game coming up.

"You know Isaac is worried sick about you. You can't avoid him." Luke pointed out, which was all true by the way. Isaac and Vi decided to officially move in with us so this weekend we are painting Vi's room and the guys are bringing her old furniture from their dads house over to her room.

"I know, I just need some space." I sigh, rubbing the side of my head as my hair falls in my face. The thing is, I know if I spend so much alone time with Isaac he'll somehow get it out of me. I still haven't mention what was in the in the box that's now hidden inside an old blow up mattress box in one of the hallway closets knowing he'll never need to look in there.