Chapter 17

Clayton's POV

"Alpha, you can't." Damon tells me as I look out the window in my office.

"I have too, I can't resist her. It's starting to get too hard." I tell him honestly.

He growls, "What do you mean you can't resist he-"

"Shhhh." I tell him as I smell Rose. I walk over to the door and open it to see no one there. Great, now I smell her everywhere and it drives me crazy.

I close the door and turn back to Damon, "What I mean is I want her more and more every day."

"Then tell her that you are her mate."

"No, that's not the problem," I say pausing, I know he's not going to like the next thing I'm going to say. "My wolf senses that she is getting older and he's starting to be more sexual towards her. I can barely control him, so I've been trying to keep my distance."

He runs one of his hands through his hair as he asks, "How long will you be gone?"

"I'm not sure yet." I sigh. Damon and I both sit in silence until I feel Rose's happiness and a tiny bit of anger.

I head outside to see what she is doing only to see her laying on the ground, tackled by a boy her age.

My wolf gets angry so I hurry over to them and growl. My wolf tries to take control but I mange to push him down, before lifting the young boy up and placing him back on the ground with a slight growl.

Rose looks at me and I examine her face, like its a picture I never want to forget, before I turn around, walking away.

My wolf is to out of hand; he's getting impatient because we've waited 6 years so far for Rose and we still have to wait about 5 more.

I head inside the house to my office. When I get there I see Damon in the hall talking to my third in command Chase.

"Come." I say to both of them and they follow me into my office.

I don't bother to sit down behind my desk because this meeting is going to be quick.

"I have to leave tonight. Damon, as you know I'm leaving you in charge of the pack until I get back. You will have to address me for every decision though."

He bows his head to me and I turn to Chase.

"You will bring the paperwork to me and assist Damon with everything."

Chase bows to me and I add on, "Both of you will also have to keep a close eye on Rosalind. Damon, since you are her father I understand you will want to watch her most the time, but now you will be busy running the pack."

I walk over to Chase, "Which means your main job is to be Rose's body gaurd, just don't let her know you are following her and DO NOT ever touch or harm her, otherwise I will rip your head off your shoulders with nothing but my bare hands."

"Yes Alpha." They both say at the same time as I walk out of the office and up to my room to pack a bag.

'Dont do it.' My wolf tells me.

I growl.

'It's your fault we have too.' I tell him, he gets quiet as I finish packing my bag and head down stairs to the garage.

I knew it would be hard to get myself in the car, but I didn't know it would be this hard.

I close my eyes and see Rose's beautiful face smiling at me. I want to say bye to her, but I don't want to see her cry, most of all I don't want to end up crying.

I open my eyes again and turn the car on, before pulling out of the garage and driving out of the driveway.

It literally took all my will power to drive away from my pack, my friends, and my Rose.