Chapter#29

Not edited.

Moosa's POV:

One by one I shoot all bullets on my target. I've been feeling this restlessness since I saw Yawar in rage. I didn't know what came to his mind but if he reacted that way, It mustn't have been good.

"Moosa?" Ahad asked loading his gun again.

"Hm?"

"Did you tell Mahnoor about her father?"

"No!" I fired a bullet aiming directly to the point. The shooting was my favourite thing to do after playing the piano.

"Don't do that Moosa. She won't like this."

"She already doesn't like whatever I do. So why bother, besides I don't want her to meet her family or relatives. Specifically not her father." I said and shoot another bullet.

"Your grudge against fathers is foolishness Moosa because one day you also going to be a father yourself" I opened my mouth to say something and closed it. He was right, I should've thought about it.

"Tell me you are my friend or Mahnoor's?" I sighed.

"Yours." He smirked shooting his target.

"I doubt that." I said walking outside and received his chuckle.

~*~

Mahnoor was switching channels when I went in and her hands stopped. Ignoring her tense body I sat beside her holding my phone out to her.

"Call you father. He is not feeling well and asking for you."

"H-how do you know?" Disbelief was written all over her face.

"They are on my watch so don't ask more questions and call your old man." I threw the mobile on her lap. She quickly holds it and returned me back after a minute.

"I don't remember his number." She mumbled. I sighed and called his father, turning on the speaker. On the second ring, the call was attended by her mother.

"Assalam o Alaikum?"

"Wallaikum Assalam, Ami."

"Mano?" Her mother's voice sounded shocked.

"Yes, Ami. How are you and what happened to Papa? I was told that he is not feeling well."

"He had a heart attack but Alhamdulillah he is better now. Now tell me how are you meri bachi (my daughter)?"

"I am fine Ami." Tears started dripping from Noor's eyes. I reached out my hand to wipe it but she shoved it away.

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

I felt a tight grip on my hand as I shoved Moosa's reaching hand, he yanked me towards him. Not ready for what was about to come, my body crashed on his making me yelp and the phone dropped from my hand.

"Hello, Mano?" I heard Ami's worried voice and ignoring him I quickly steady myself. Picking up the phone and answer her.

"Ji Ami? I am here?"

"What just happened now? I heard your scream."

"No, it was nothing. I just... hit my foot, but it's fine... where is Papa? Can I talk to him?" I wanted to hear his voice before this monster beside me snatches the phone back. I glared at Moosa but he was looking at another side.

"Mano?" I heard Papa's weak voice.

"Papa...! Assalam o Allaikum. How are you now?"

"I am fine beta (child) as long as I have your prayers with me I am fine." I bit my lip hard to stop myself from crying.