Chapter 32- The Walk on the Wild Side Isn't for Everyone

“What the hell was that?” I screech getting off the motor bike as fast as I could.

I take the large black helmet off my head and chuck it Brody only to have him catch it, much to my dismay. I was aiming for his head.

If I had ever been wrong about anything in my entire life it was about this ride. How stupid I was to get on the back of a stolen bike with a bad boy. Have I lost all my senses?

Thank goodness they came back to me soon enough.

“What?” He defends with amusement clear on his face.

“What?” I yell. “You almost got us killed!”

Did he really need to ask me that? I thought us nearly hitting by that truck and demanding him to bring me back was pretty self explanatory.  I guess I was wrong.

“I did not.” He states. “I knew what I was doing. You were safe.”

“Yes, because playing chicken with a truck is the pinnacle of safety.” I retort.

Of all the crazy, barbaric, things to do, this tops them all.

I turn from him stomping angrily to the house refusing him another word. If I talked to him any longer I was sure to kill him for his insane actions.

I could hear him calling after me as I entered the house, but I merely reply by the slam of the door behind me. That was being kind compared to what else I had in mind to do to him.

All I want to do is scream.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid Farrah. You should have known it was a bad idea to get on that thing with him. I lost my head for one second and this was where is got me.

I could hear Brody trudging up the stairs as soon as I stepped inside the room, but I had a good mind to lock the door and keep him out. I was in no mood to talk to him right now.

“Can I come in?” He asks knocking on the slightly cracked door.

“I doubt what I say will make a difference.” I shot plopping down on the bed with all my weight.

Just as I thought the door came open without my answer revealing Brody. He looked like he might have had a bit of guilt playing in his eyes, but I wasn’t too sure as I refuse to look in him for too long. 

I snap my head in the opposite direction of him and stare out the window at the beach in the distance. I watch the waves come pouring in forcefully.

“Don’t you think you overreacted just a little?” He asks from the door way.

I can tell he didn’t dare come any closer. At least he knew when I was angry. I had to give him that.

“No.”

“We weren’t even close to hitting anything.” He says correcting my statement. “Well except that dog that ran in front of us that caused us to swerve in the other lane.”

“Yes, but you were going entirely to fast. Had you of been going slower we wouldn’t have been in any danger at all.” I state.  

“I did after you slapped me.” He chuckles.

Well….I suppose he is right about that, but it was still dangerous.

“It wasn’t my fault you know.” He adds after I refuse to offer up any conversation on my part.