Chapter 19

Rosalind's POV

I watch as Clayton punches Brent over and over again. He hasn't changed much, same nice fit body, same soft dark hair, same chocolate eyes - but I changed, I'm not the same young girl that wanted to be with him all the time.

I couldn't take my eyes off him or say a word; probably because I was in too much shock. Then it hit me that he was going to kill Brent.

I run over to them and as Clay pulled his arm back once more to hit Brent, I grabbed his arm. Immediately he stopped and looked at me. His chocolate eye searched my face as if he was looking for something he lost — the young girl he lost.

After all the days, months, years that I waited for him to return, I now know I don't want him back and I honestly couldn't care less about him. Maybe it's my hormones being out of control because I'm going to shift in exactly one week or maybe I honestly don't care.

"Rose," Clay said pausing as he turned to me and grabbed my hand in his. "I missed you so much!"

I stared in his eyes and that's when I realized, this isn't the Clayton that I looked up to. No, this one is a man I don't know.

"Yea. It's um, been awhile." I say as I look past him at Brent.

I wonder what gotten into him to make him try to do that.

"God, I love you." He blurted out.

My heart stopped for a second as I held my breath.

Love me? What?

Okay, he is seriously out of it. "Okay. I'm going to go change so I'll see you around." I tell him as I pull my hand away and leave the training center to go to my room.

Since I'm almost a wolf I get my own room so I don't have to stay with my parents anymore.

Once I am in, I close the door and plop down on my bed.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence I hear a knock on the door. Please don't be Clay, please don't be Clay, pleeeease don't be Clay - I open the door and Ace smiles at me.

I give him a smile and let him in my room.

"Guess what!" He says excited, I laugh slightly.

"What?"

"I'm now officially the Beta." He says proudly.

I shake my head at him as he smiles like a kid on Christmas.

"Orange you glad for me!"
"I'm glad for you." I laugh as he picks me up and spins me around. He puts me back on the ground and kisses me.

He backs away from the kiss when another person knocks on my room door. I know it's Clay because Ace immediately opens the door.

At first Clayton looked a little angry that Ace was in my room, but then he sent Ace out of there.

Once Ace was gone Clay walked right in my room and looked at me from head to toe.
"You changed a lot," he says pausing before taking a step closer to me,
"So beautiful. I've never been so happy to see you in my entire life. I missed you way too much Rose, you don't even know." He then added.