Chapter 25

"You're hurting me." I wince as Logan cleans my wounds.

"Look at your hands Riley you just opened up old cuts. How are they going to heal if you don't stop being so stubborn?"

"I don't know maybe a thing called the immune system." I reply sarcastically.

"I'm serious." He says throwing the used cotton balls away. "Now put some clothes on."

"Exactly what I was thinking." I grab one of his shirts and slip it over top my sports bra and shorts. Logan disappears to the kitchen, and I sit there watching Teen Wolf.

He walks back in holding two mugs. The top of the mugs releasing steam. I feel the couch sink beside me. "Here." He says holding out one of the mugs.

I take it from him," Thank you." I smile. I focus back on the TV taking sips of the hot green tea.

"I'm sorry." Logan sighs after a couple of minutes.

"It's not your fault, Logan. To be honest I shouldn't have said yes to fighting anyways."

"I guess, but I'm sorry for hiding things from you."

"It's okay. Tomorrow's the last fight and I think I know how to stop myself from thinking about Jack."

"You know I always wonder why you still like him. He left you without giving you any explanation."

"It's a good thing I do."

"Well, ever since I've become officer Logan I've been searching for him every where, but he's totally disappeared from the world. I'm trying my best Riley."

"I appreciate it, but I think it's time that you stop. You can't find someone who doesn't want to be found." I state. "And why are we even talking about this? I think I've had enough depressing situations for the day."

He chuckles,"Yeah? I'm just happy tomorrow's the last game and you can leave all this behind you."

"Me too." I smile.

"Okay I'm going to take a shower."

"K. I'm going to sleep now." I head to the second bed that was clearly not being used.

Logan heads to the bathroom. Okay, Riley one last fight; make it count. Wait. How the hell is Mr. Johnson a part of the street world?... What does he get out of it? Why didn't Luke tell me? There's definitely something fishy going on.

Wait. How'd he know Logan's a police officer? Did Logan bring his gun or something with him to the fight? But Logan's off duty. I have to check.

I think to myself and get up. I walk over to the other bed and start searching for anything that only a police officer would have. I look under his mattress and there's a file that says 'PRIVATE' in big red letters. I pick it up and put on the bed. I mean it says private in big bolded letters that won't really stop you from looking inside...

I continue searching for anything else. I open the drawers to his nightstand and find a loaded gun. "What is this guy up to?" I mumble to myself as I put the gun down on the mattress exchange for the file.

I open the file. Jack Christian. I read the title page. I flip through the couple of pages where it stated when he disappeared and all the people he was close to. Kol Johnson? I read one of the names on a different page.

"Riley?" I hear Logan's voice. I get startled, close the file, and pick up the gun pointing it towards him.

"Whow." He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Why are you here?" I ask surprised at my own calmness.

"It's my hotel room." He tries to play dumb.