the twenty-fifth text

5:01 pm 

how's everything going?

um.

dw, you can tell me later.

if you want to, of course. 

she sat at the park for an hour or so, walked around the neighbourhood, stopped by the coffee shop a few streets down and thought. 

the air was getting thinner, the wind was getting sharper. it bit the nape of her neck and she scolded herself for leaving her scarf in xavier's car. she felt like everything could have been completely different, had she knocked on the front door. she regretted walking away. perhaps, he would always be 'anon', 'lennon', the boy behind the screen. she always believed that things happened for a reason.

maybe things  w e r e n ' t meant to be.

it darkened quickly, during the wintertime. genevieve checked the time on her phone. six twenty-nine.   the sky was a dark blue, the snow was falling down slowly. she walked back to the park and sat on the swing, swinging back and forth lightly. 

it was cold. her cheeks were flushed, a pale pink. she debated calling xavier to pick her up. his car would be warm, he would be understanding. "oh, gennie," he would say. he was predictable, unlike marshall.

there was something about him. he was an enigma. maybe she enjoyed the mystery.

 she heard the crunching of snow, a sound she hated. cringing, she stopped swinging and looked towards the source of the noise. a figure neared. she patted her pocket trying to grasp her phone, in a state of worry.

a tall male. he walked up to the swing beside her, sighing as he sat down. he wore no hat, his ears covered by his black hair. she noted that he wore no mittens, his hands gripping the chains of the swing, tightly. he wore his black chuck taylors in the snow. his head was down and genevieve resisted the urge to turn to look at him. 

he shuffled through the pocket of his peacoat.

she heard clicking sounds.

she shut her eyes, trying to rid her eyelashes of snowflakes.

her phone beeped and her heart fluttered. 

6:58 pm

hey.

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e :

heh.

fun fact it took me a very long time to write this, plus, i wrote three different versions of this chapter.  

any actor in specific who do you envision marshall as?

i'm curious~

i wish i could add a million winking emoticons