Chapter 10

NASHI'S P.O.V.

     "Changes. Change. Change. Chane..." I kept muttering everything that pops into my head without thinking. Suddenly, I felt colder than before and shivered. When my eyes opened, it was actually Gale who placed his cold drink by my neck. I grunted softly. "Gale, not funny."

     He chuckles as I retorted at his behavior. "Loosen up, Nash. It's Friday. No worries." He stated, resting his head in his arms as his crossed legs were placed on top of the table.

     "Ugh." I exclaimed in frustration. "I'm dealing with something greater, Gale. I'm not daydreaming."

     He lifted an eyebrow as if he couldn't believe what I was really doing. "What, then?"

     Standing up from my seat, I stretched my arms and out and stared at the sky. “I need to change.” I quoted.

     “A change of what? Napkin?”

     I glared at him full of pity then grinned. “I...want to be the old me again. Y'know, without the 'bitchy' me.” I snickered softly at my resolve. I looked at his reaction. He was raising an eyebrow at me.

    I shook my head at him. “Never mind what I just said.” then started walking out of the school.

     “I don't think you should change, Nash.” Gale finally spoke his thoughts. I turned to see and wait for his comments. “I mean, sure, I miss my old innocent self whom everyone likes but, this is the present. At some point, we need to stop dwelling in the past and shape our own future. I'm glad what kind of person I turned out to be--even though it was unexpected. You shouldn't change yourself for others to like you. I mean, come on, you cannot please everyone. There's bound to be haters but that's their problem, not yours.”

     I stared blankly at him for a minute there then snickered. “Goodness! And here I thought you weren't the drama type!”

     He shrugged. “What can I say? My mom's a bookworm and she always uses quotes from books. Duh. I'm a bookworm, too.”

     When I finished laughing, I cleared my throat then wiped the falling tear off. “Yeah. Maybe you're right, Gale. Though, not to contradict your thoughts here but, it wouldn't hurt to listen to an adult's advice. Maybe she wasn't talking about full change. Maybe she wants me to become a responsible girl who uses her intelligence for her to have a bright future.”

     Gale smirked. “Attagirl.”

     I sulked by the corner. “Damn. And just how do I do that? I'm a total idiot! Man, I wanted to inherit my Mom's brains, not my Dad's...”

     Gale pats me on the head and smiled. “Nash, you are smart. I know that. You're just not focusing on studying well since you use them for thinking of great comebacks for Tiffany. But, you can use them for studying if you are willing to.”

     I nodded. “Yeah, sure, go ahead and speak like I can do that by biting my tongue.” I roll my eyes sarcastically then folded my arms across my chest.

     Gale sighs. “Why don'cha talk to Jeremy? He knows exactly what to do with this issue.” he starts caressing my hair.

I flicked his hand away and glared. “J--Jeremy and I, see, er--aren't on good terms right now.”

He lifted an eyebrow. “and why is that?”

“Be--cause he accidentally... k... me... n.... he.... ps...

"What?" He squinted his eyes and came closer to me.

I started going gibberish again, not knowig what to expect of his reaction. "...e... ssed... m-me..."

"Turn up the volume for shit's sake." Gale snapped angrily.

"Jeremy kissed me!" I quickly shut my damn mouth, covering it with my hand and was prepared to run away but I stopped when I heard Gale gasp.

"Wow, finally." Gale sighed, ruffling my hair up.

My eyes widened, making me turn around slowly just to see Gale's face. "What did you just say?"

He shrugged, shaking his head. "What?" His eyes widened, his smile widened. "Oh, no, ohh no, Jer is gonna kill me when he finds out."

"Gale! What. Did. You. Say?" I pulled him bu the collar then made him stand up even though he was a few inches taller than me.

"Okay, okay, okay! Man, let go, this is my favorite shirt." He dusts his shirt then clears his throat. "So, you mean, you haven't--found him out? About how he feels for you?"

I shook my head. "Wait. You're not making any sense. Jer wouldn't date Rain if he loved me."

He scoffs. "Wow. You inherited your Mom's looks but your dad's denseness." He looked around to check if anyone heard him. "Sorry. I did not mean that."

"Gale! Get your story straight!"

"Jeremy likes you, okay? You two are so densed to the core. Know what I mean? You like him, he likes you, too even though he doesn't know you like him, too."

My eyes widened, I wanted to run to Jeremy and kiss him with all my might but, "But, if that's true--why is jer going out with Rain? And why hasn't he even asked me out?"

"Oh, don't speak like you don't know. Of course, he respects you and he doesn't even know you like him, okay? He's just doing Rain a favor! Of course you know he's got a spft spot."

"Well he's an idiot for forcing himself to go out with Rain! I-I have to tell him--"

"No, you aren't." Gale stopped me by pulling me by my arm. "Aren't you using your brain? What, did you think Jer would immediately accept your feelings and break up with Bow?"

"Yes." I nodded positively. "Definitely."

"God, you're an idiot." He stated, pulling my ear to whisper. "Nash, can'cha wait for Jer himself to go near you and tell the truth?"

"I can't... I like him and I'm not going to sit the hell here and wait for a man to come near me because of how the world works."

"Nash, I'm telling you, bad idea." He taps his chin and started tapping his head. He snaps his fingers. "But, I can get you the perfect time to do that."

"How?"

"You'll see." He smirks, moving his eyebrows up and down.