Chapter 3

I was hesitant but intrigued, even if I did feel she was a phoney I wanted proof of it. So why not play along?

I kept eye contact with her as I made my way to the chair. She sat across from me as she pulled out a crystal ball and set it on top.

"You see Truth, in the olden days people like me usually ran into people like you," she began saying as her hands moved over the crystal ball.

"People like me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow wondering what the hell she meant.

"Yes- non-believers," she simply said

"Okay. And what are you? Some typa voodoo worker?" I asked bluntly

She laughed quietly as she shook her head, " no darling. I am a xenie"

"Don't you mean a genie?" I asked her wondering if it was some type of accent she tried saying the word in

"No. A xenie with an X."

"So what's the difference?" I said as she continued her weird hand movements over the ball.

"A genie is a mystical creature that provides 3 wishes- based of of us. Xenie's only provide one wish to someone in the attempts of proving to them that we are real and also turning them into believer - our key goal."

"Wow. Great #goalsss in life" I said

"Are you always this condescending?" She put down her hands abruptly and asked

"You're the xenie. You should know" I straight faced her.

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways....as a xenie I can grant you one wish. Whatever you so desire."

I looked at her not believing a word out of her perfectly lined lips.
"Whatever I desire huh?"

"Yes...and I think it has something to do with him," she said as she made this wave motion across the face of her crystal ball.

I stared down at it in shock as August's image appeared withing the ball.

I nearly fell over the chair I was sitting on, getting to my feet.

Madame Louise laughed hysterically at my reaction.

I eyed her and the crystal ball. "That's creepy but it could be some video tape of August Alsina you got here,"

I looked at the "footage" as August seemed to be recording a song at a studio.

"Well then, let me prove you wrong. Make that wish," Madame Louise said with confidence.

I was about to speak when she interjected.
"Just one rule before you do,"

I listened on.

"After the wish, you can't change it. One way out is to reveal to whomever the main person your wish has to do with that it was all a deal with a xenie. If you do that, you will return to times before the wish and it would have never accord." She explained

"Good enough for me. And if this lil wish does come true...believe me I ain't ever going to wish it away," I told her as I thought of August.

"Fine. Then make it happen," she said

"And you sure you ain't the devil or an advocate or nothing like that right?" I questioned before going through with it

She rolled her eyes before revealing her small jesus piece around her neck.

"Alright. Then...." I began thinking of August, and actually hoping this was for real.

Madame Louise nodded her head signaling I could say it out loud.

I bit my bottom lip then said, " I want to be with August Alsina"

"You're wish is my command," I heard the wind around me whisper as my eyes became heavy and drifted off.

**********************

My eyes fluttered open as I stood exactly how I was. I didn't recognize my surroundings but I knew I was in a room. Probably some damn back room she placed me in after drugging me and stealing my purse, I thought.

"I knew this was too good to be true," I said out loud.

"Anddd we done here Truth," I heard a voice say as a light came on in the room.

I gazed around seeing a mic in front of my mouth and realised I was in a recording booth.

The door swung open as I cautiously walked out and saw several faces I never saw in my life before doing there on thing. I was in a studio, how the fuck did I get to a studio?!

"Damn T, why you standing there looking like you just seen the ghost of Christmas past" one of the men with a bald head said to me as he walked by.

"T, come listen to you're verse," another one called over as I still stood there paralysed.....

****************

Oop! Truth done got herself into it now!

vote/comment