I Got the Chills

“There is nothing that a winner can say to console a loser.” - Aomine Daiki

* * * *

The second half is getting underway, with the match being much more intense as compared to the first half. Kaijo’s concentration was at an all time high, and Touou seems to be having problems even defending, with just how fierce that the Kaijo players are attacking.

Clearly, Kaijo is determined to attack with everything that they’ve got throughout the third quarter, buying Kise enough time to complete his copying of Aomine’s style.

Unlike Seirin whose playing style mainly focuses on a run-and-gun style, Kaijo focuses on offense and defense.

In other words, they’re a well-balanced team that utilises both offence and defence in their play style. However, this time around, there is none of that defense in Kaijo’s style. They’re going all out on offense. Clearly, their plan is to push Touou far enough so that they wouldn’t be able to focus on Kise who is clearly the lynchpin of Kaijo’s play.

Imayoshi immediately threw the ball to a waiting Sakurai after Kasamatsu immediately moved to guard him. The Kaijo captain had a look of intense concentration on his face, as is all his other teammates. Moriyama was almost immediately on Sakurai the moment that he touches the ball, much to the dismay of the usually meek Touou’s Shooting Guard.

‘There’s even more pressure now than in the first half!’ Sakurai thought in dismay. ‘The intensity’s amazing!’

The Shooting Guard was so focused on Moriyama that he didn’t even notice Kasamatsu behind him until the ball had left his hands – being knocked out of his hands by the Kaijo captain.

* * * *

Within the stands where Seirin is sitting, Izuki chuckled to himself, causing his teammates to give him curious looks.

“Now, why does this seem familiar to me?” The Point Guard grinned at Tamaki and Kagami both who are sitting behind him. “How many times have I seen you both using this technique? Looks like Kaijo had taken some pointers from you both.”

* * * *

Kise is currently in possession of the ball after having broken free from Aomine’s guard. The Touou captain however was quick to guard the blonde. The blonde seems rather dazed however, and was murmuring incoherently to himself, much to Imayoshi’s confusion.

“Right to left crossover…” Imayoshi froze in shock as Kise tilted the ball over Imayoshi’s right shoulder whilst the blonde himself moved in the opposite direction of the ball. All of a sudden, he grabbed the ball before Imayoshi can even recover from his shock.

* * * *

In the stands, Tamaki seems to have frozen. Kagami who was next to the teal haired girl was staring at her in concern.

“Oi Tamaki, are you all right?” The redhead asked, nudging his partner in the side with his elbow gently.

Tamaki didn’t respond. She currently had her eyes fixated on the match below her, her eyes wide, shock and surprise reflected in it. ‘That’s Daiki’s…’ she gulped before she smiled. ‘Looks like Touou is going to have some problems now.’

* * * *

The referee blew on his whistle sharply as Imayoshi pushed against Kise by mistake, much to the Touou captain’s annoyance.

“Foul, holding! Black No. 4!” The referee shouted.

* * * *

Both the Seirin and Touou teams were in a similar state of shock, but Tamaki had a small miniscule smile on her face.